Just curious, did anyone profit from betting over time?

For me I use a Google sheets document with a bunch of columned filters such as bet range, odds type, weight class etc. I input every bet I place in there and use it for self reflection.

Props are great, but just like any bet you want to make sure it holds solid value to bet it. The biggest challenge with them is getting a significant stake down as limits are much lower

Ah I see...how many fights per fighter do you usually watch?

By the way, thanks so much for letting me pick your brain on it! Much appreciated! I think other Sherbros who read this thread could def benefit from it too

For me I use a Google sheets document with a bunch of columned filters such as bet range, odds type, weight class etc. I input every bet I place in there and use it for self reflection.

Props are great, but just like any bet you want to make sure it holds solid value to bet it. The biggest challenge with them is getting a significant stake down as limits are much lower

When you say prop bets, you mean win by ko submission decision, correct?

many hours of tape/research required for each fight

Man, first year all I really did was get up an hour before the fights, look at a few records, and then place a 2k 3 legger parlay. That got me around 25k up from $250 in 4 months or so. Most of it was WMMA. Nowadays, I usually look at your slip and see what aligns with my thinking, unless it's WMMA. I'm the king of picking WMMA.

And to answer the thread question: I have no idea how much money I've won in gambling. I'm in my second year of it, but I had a 76% win rate on multi's, which is all I did the first year. Now, I bet singles, but because I kept taking my winnings out of different accounts and because I'm dumb with numbers, I quickly lost track of how much I've won. I've been trying to watch and learn from the big dogs on here for this second year, so I'm doing singles and trying different approaches. I'm a little over 30k up I think.

Man, first year all I really did was get up an hour before the fights, look at a few records, and then place a 2k 3 legger parlay. That got me around 25k up from $250 in 4 months or so. Most of it was WMMA. Nowadays, I usually look at your slip and see what aligns with my thinking, unless it's WMMA. I'm the king of picking WMMA.

And to answer the thread question: I have no idea how much money I've won in gambling. I'm in my second year of it, but I had a 76% win rate on multi's, which is all I did the first year. Now, I bet singles, but because I kept taking my winnings out of different accounts and because I'm dumb with numbers, I quickly lost track of how much I've won. I've been trying to watch and learn from the big dogs on here for this second year, so I'm doing singles and trying different approaches. I'm a little over 30k up I think.

If you can hit 3 leggers with 76% accuracy why not just continue? Seems more profitable than playing singles, if the odds of those multis are at plus money.

When you say prop bets, you mean win by ko submission decision, correct?

Hey man you can go back and look at his bets his new bets are up for Sat. and the main Thing I think people fail to do is use bankroll management

Hey man you can go back and look at his bets his new bets are up for Sat. and the main Thing I think people fail to do is use bankroll management

Thanks man! Yeah I got a chance to talk to the guy a bit it was super interesting def sounded like he know what hes doing i just assumed bankroll managment is like...he mentioned it too...but what do you mean by that exactly? Keeping track of how much money you make or lose?

I will prob look at his bets after the fact. It would suck if i bet the house and lose the house that i dont have haha

Apparently a guy a few posts above made 30k or something too. @.@

If you can hit 3 leggers with 76% accuracy why not just continue? Seems more profitable than playing singles, if the odds of those multis are at plus money.

I don't know why I stopped, really. I was making heaps of cash. I think the nerves were just getting to me. I started small but kept raising my stakes once I hit certain points. I was doing 3k multi's towards the end of it all, and it was just fucking nerve-wracking coming into the final leg of a 3 legger lol.

Now I just aim to win 800-1000 a week. I risk about the same to do it though. SO I win a lot less.

Thanks man! Yeah I got a chance to talk to the guy a bit it was super interesting def sounded like he know what hes doing i just assumed bankroll managment is like...he mentioned it too...but what do you mean by that exactly? Keeping track of how much money you make or lose?

I will prob look at his bets after the fact. It would suck if i bet the house and lose the house that i dont have haha

Well man Bankroll management is not betting whatever u have on 1 ffight or event when u look at what people are betting a lot of people dont put the value they have down but the Units they have down for example. If you have 1,000$ in your bettign account 1 unit would be 10$ most people bet between 1-5 units per bet. so 10$ for a fight you want to bet on may not seem like a lot but thats how you end up building your bankroll. I wish I knew how much Sadicrics started with because I believe each unit of his is 1,000$ I could be wrong though. And 1 thing since it seems like your new to this forum I wouldnt neccesairly say the people who are betting more money makes them a better gambler it probably just means they have more money to Gamble there is someone on here who bets quite a lot from what he posts but he loses 80% of the time. So watch out for shit like that. And there are a lot of trolls on this betting forum dont let them get to you they most likely just have a sad life and come on here for there enjoyment if they get to you to much there is an ignore button

Well man Bankroll management is not betting whatever u have on 1 ffight or event when u look at what people are betting a lot of people dont put the value they have down but the Units they have down for example. If you have 1,000$ in your bettign account 1 unit would be 10$ most people bet between 1-5 units per bet. so 10$ for a fight you want to bet on may not seem like a lot but thats how you end up building your bankroll. I wish I knew how much Sadicrics started with because I believe each unit of his is 1,000$ I could be wrong though. And 1 thing since it seems like your new to this forum I wouldnt neccesairly say the people who are betting more money makes them a better gambler it probably just means they have more money to Gamble there is someone on here who bets quite a lot from what he posts but he loses 80% of the time. So watch out for shit like that. And there are a lot of trolls on this betting forum dont let them get to you they most likely just have a sad life and come on here for there enjoyment if they get to you to much there is an ignore button

Thanks a lot man! Hope you win all your bets this weekend!

ddcecdd4c7d29dc82920d1f98c120933.gif

Apparently a guy a few posts above made 30k or something too. @.@

He is someone that actucally post his bet slips quite often. but like I said I wouldnt trust everything you read on here. If you want to make your own judgement you can just go back IDK 10 events or so theres a new topic every event Its usually called UFC 252 official bets or UFC on ESPN 4 official bets or whatever event they are on you can look at what people bet and see how they do overall Im not going to call out any of the bad gamblers but make your own judgement

Thanks a lot man! Hope you win all your bets this weekend!

ddcecdd4c7d29dc82920d1f98c120933.gif

Wont happen lol I just hope to win my problem is I bet every single fight and I usually do a few parlays as well but thanks man same to you

He is someone that actucally post his bet slips quite often. but like I said I wouldnt trust everything you read on here. If you want to make your own judgement you can just go back IDK 10 events or so theres a new topic every event Its usually called UFC 252 official bets or UFC on ESPN 4 official bets or whatever event they are on you can look at what people bet and see how they do overall Im not going to call out any of the bad gamblers but make your own judgement

tenor.gif

30k is so much money tho it's kinda crazy eh

Wont happen lol I just hope to win my problem is I bet every single fight and I usually do a few parlays as well but thanks man same to you

I think I might be remembering it wrong but I think sad~~ said he doesn't do parlays or something because it's negative value -ev? or something, just fyi.

If someone's super succesful in anything, there's lesson to be learned, I think anyways. whether it's gambling or business.

I mean the way he explained his call on Smith, I think it does sounds like he might have underestimated Clark in my opinion, and I think I'm more the other way around whereas barring a mistake, Clark may have been able to pull it off, but he looked at it like, Smith can finish it anywhere but Clark only has one way to pull it off, which I do disagree with since Clark does drop people from time to time.

I think that was pretty cool to see his reasoning, and it just makes it look so much better since he bet so much and won and it sounds right in a way and I do see where he's coming from, so it was just super interesting to me anyways to see what he thought. For me anyways.

It was very refreshing take. What did you think about that fight?

I think I might be remembering it wrong but I think sad~~ said he doesn't do parlays or something because it's negative value -ev? or something, just fyi.

Lol yes I know that parlays are sucker bets as I like to call them but I dont do big value parlays Ill place like 10$ down on a couple of 5 or 6 fighter parlays to win 500$ or so. but I also do parlays because I dont have the type of money in my betting account like he does which im assuming is very good based on the amount of money he places on each fight. he is the only person on this board I really pay attention to. I wont copy his bets but if we disagree on a fight I will place a bet on either the OV or UN and if we agree on a bet I will just place a bigger then normal bet on it. For example

Vettori -129 $750(I agree)

DLR/Santos GTD -200 $800(I agree)

Allan/Dolidze O1.5 -132 $1500(I disagree will bet Dolidze)

Evloev DEC -130 $600(I agree)

Durden +175 $750(I Agree)

Benitez +110 $4000(I disagree will bet the under 2.5)
Jaynes RD1 +600 $150(I agree will bet the under 2.5 though)

Leavitt DEC +190 $250 (I agree)

so as you can tell I usually try not to bet against him. But beware people do lose

If someone's super succesful in anything, there's lesson to be learned, I think anyways. whether it's gambling or business.

I mean the way he explained his call on Smith, I think it does sounds like he might have underestimated Clark in my opinion, and I think I'm more the other way around whereas barring a mistake, Clark may have been able to pull it off, but he looked at it like, Smith can finish it anywhere but Clark only has one way to pull it off, which I do disagree with since Clark does drop people from time to time.

I think that was pretty cool to see his reasoning, and it just makes it look so much better since he bet so much and won and it sounds right in a way and I do see where he's coming from, so it was just super interesting to me anyways to see what he thought. For me anyways.

It was very refreshing take. What did you think about that fight?

I also had smith winning I put 200$ on him so more then my normal bet. but like I said man just because someone bets more money doesent neccesairly make them a better gambler it just might be that person has more money. If bill gates started gambling if he put down 1 million on clark does that make him a better gambler then any1 else on here in my opinion no. But just go back and look at the past 10 events or so on the official bets page and make your own opinion on whose a good Capper and who sucks ass and you just want to put them on ignore

Lol yes I know that parlays are sucker bets as I like to call them but I dont do big value parlays Ill place like 10$ down on a couple of 5 or 6 fighter parlays to win 500$ or so. but I also do parlays because I dont have the type of money in my betting account like he does which im assuming is very good based on the amount of money he places on each fight. he is the only person on this board I really pay attention to. I wont copy his bets but if we disagree on a fight I will place a bet on either the OV or UN and if we agree on a bet I will just place a bigger then normal bet on it. For example

Vettori -129 $750(I agree)

DLR/Santos GTD -200 $800(I agree)

Allan/Dolidze O1.5 -132 $1500(I disagree will bet Dolidze)

Evloev DEC -130 $600(I agree)

Durden +175 $750(I Agree)

Benitez +110 $4000(I disagree will bet the under 2.5)
Jaynes RD1 +600 $150(I agree will bet the under 2.5 though)

Leavitt DEC +190 $250 (I agree)

so as you can tell I usually try not to bet against him. But beware people do lose

I see ... well one thing to say really

tenor.gif

Wow 4grand on Benitz.....oh boy..

I also had smith winning I put 200$ on him so more then my normal bet. but like I said man just because someone bets more money doesent neccesairly make them a better gambler it just might be that person has more money. If bill gates started gambling if he put down 1 million on clark does that make him a better gambler then any1 else on here in my opinion no. But just go back and look at the past 10 events or so on the official bets page and make your own opinion on whose a good Capper and who sucks ass and you just want to put them on ignore

Nice! One step closer to being the next Bill gates! haha

Back