Just Completed My Home Gym! *Pics*

A

ASEGSEA

Hey guys, I just -nearly- completed my home gym. Home gym as in gym for jiu-jitsu and boxing, not for getting ripped and diesel.

5066888370_ea7c7e29ba.jpg

There will be a wrecking ball up soon, additional wall padding, and just some overall cleanup of all that crap in the back, but it's not bad for a days work.

I anyone's interested, I took full pics along the construction of the judo floors. Edit: http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f16/just-completed-my-home-gym-pics-1383253/index2.html#post44381595 link to the judo floors. I'll post a complete instructional later, maybe, if there's interest.

Let me know what you guys think!

EDIT: A more updated shot with that crap organized, the speaker and amp set up, and the wall padding added.

The gear is just kind of hanging out until we get a bookshelf to store it on nice and organizedly. The blue tubs? Well, a garage is still a great place for miscellaneous crap like wires and old speakers...

Last edited by a moderator:
looks killer! how did that whole mat situation go? :lol:

My Asian must be coming out because I just Engrished the title

:redface:

looks killer! how did that whole mat situation go? :lol:

I just went with Zebra Puzzle mats. They offered them for more than 50% off, so I couldn't say no. The GetRung mats will be my wall mats.

Looks great! Really nice job.

:icon_chee

Did you have to raise the floor or is it just more padding?

Looks great. I am interested in how you did the floor. Also, if you don

very awesome...does the bag get in the way when your grappling??

VERY impressed :D and those mats were a steal!!!! Enjoy :)

very awesome...does the bag get in the way when your grappling??

There is plenty of mat to roll around on without running into the bag. The mats space is larger than the picture seems. However, the bag is removable, without being easy to unhook while doing bag drills.

Did you have to raise the floor or is it just more padding?

There is an inch of styrofoam (used in wall insulation), half an inch of plywood, and an additional 3/4 inch styrofoam under the mats. I'll post pics in a bit.

Back