Just caught the Brown/Silva fight

Yea but....he didn't really take the second one all that well either. I guess I'll take the cooled down body explanation. That first kick was indeed a nasty fucker.

he was already hurt from the first one no offesne but it isnt rocket sience someone hits you really hard the first time it starts a decline in ability to take punishment.

...I didn't edit anything, and I'm well aware that I'm not watching Street Fighter. Have the post fight medical reports came out? If a shot to the body is so fucking hard that a professional fighter responds the way Matt did to body shots for the rest of the fight, I would expect to read about some bruised or broken ribs or some shit. Medical suspension and whatnot. Guess I'm gonna see if I can find out.

Thats where you're wrong. Just because a body shot hurts doesn't mean anything was broken.

Still haven't seen it. I've heard everything from one of the greatest fights to borderline uninteresting besides the first round.

Silva was destroying Brown but then gassed and was a walking punching bag until the end.Just like JDS who gassed against Cain and was just in zombie mode without eevn defending himslef until the end.

Erick+Silva+Body+Kicks+Matt+Brown+UFC+Fight+Night+Cincinnati.gif

Good scrap. Gotta love Matt Brown, but....what was up with getting hurt like that from those body shots. I know how that sounds....I'm not saying he didn't take some hard shots to the body, especially that first kick but it was like every time Silva touched his stomach he grimaced in pain and clutched his gut. Again, I'm no keyboard warrior. Any one of those shots to the body at 50% would most likely knock the wind out of me like a little girl. lol.

I mean, we see guys take shots to body all the time and I don't remember ever seeing anyone respond the way Matt did to strikes to the body over and over again like that.

I had been seeing people toss around the phrase "glass body" (lol) before I got to see the fight, and before I saw it, when I read "glass body" I kinda dismissed that as a silly notion, but after seeing the fight I can see how it seems like an appropriate description. Was like he had some broke/bruised ribs or something. Not saying I even suspect he was injured, just looked that way.

If you get kicked in the liver, it really doesn't matter how tough you are, because your liver doesn't ask for permission when it shuts down your entire body and makes it curl into the fetal position.

We see a lot of body shots, but if one hits just right, then it's not just a body shot - Overeem vs. Brock, Rockhold vs Philippou

Silva was destroying Brown but then gassed and was a walking punching bag until the end.Just like JDS who gassed against Cain and was just in zombie mode without eevn defending himslef until the end.

Erick+Silva+Body+Kicks+Matt+Brown+UFC+Fight+Night+Cincinnati.gif

Landing a couple of good body shots doesn't equal "destroyed"...

What Matt did to Silva, that is what getting destroyed looks like.

As soon as Matt went on the attack it was over.

Last edited:
Silva is a superhero that doesn't know how to use his powers yet.

Maybe he never will

This isn't difficult, he got kicked in the liver, HARD. I'm going to just guess that a lot of people in here have never been hit in the liver. I can assure you it is just as painful, if not more, that getting hit square in the balls. That's why its a great target that Bas, Crocop and many others aim for. Just the fact that he fought through it I was impressed by. Very few do.

Back