Just caught the Brown/Silva fight

SouthernThinker

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Good scrap. Gotta love Matt Brown, but....what was up with getting hurt like that from those body shots. I know how that sounds....I'm not saying he didn't take some hard shots to the body, especially that first kick but it was like every time Silva touched his stomach he grimaced in pain and clutched his gut. Again, I'm no keyboard warrior. Any one of those shots to the body at 50% would most likely knock the wind out of me like a little girl. lol.

I mean, we see guys take shots to body all the time and I don't remember ever seeing anyone respond the way Matt did to strikes to the body over and over again like that.

I had been seeing people toss around the phrase "glass body" (lol) before I got to see the fight, and before I saw it, when I read "glass body" I kinda dismissed that as a silly notion, but after seeing the fight I can see how it seems like an appropriate description. Was like he had some broke/bruised ribs or something. Not saying I even suspect he was injured, just looked that way.

He addressed that in his back stage after fight talk with Dana. Seems he had to wait something along the lines of 25-30 minutes standing in the hallway and he stated that his body cooled down, he also stated that the first one hurt a fuck of a lot more then the second body kick as he was warmed up and absorbed the blow a lot easier. Makes sense to me.

He addressed that in his back stage after fight talk with Dana. Seems he had to wait something along the lines of 25-30 minutes standing in the hallway and he stated that his body cooled down, he also stated that the first one hurt a fuck of a lot more then the second body kick as he was warmed up and absorbed the blow a lot easier. Makes sense to me.

Yea but....he didn't really take the second one all that well either. I guess I'll take the cooled down body explanation. That first kick was indeed a nasty fucker.

it's a result of years of using drugs. He got hurt by body shot when he fought mein too. Too shame he got glass body, now everyone one knows how to hurt him badly.

i just hope he isn't starting to suffer from the Scott Smith syndrome, ie get dropped with body shots every damn time he fights from now on.

Still haven't seen it. I've heard everything from one of the greatest fights to borderline uninteresting besides the first round.

It wasn't "Every time he got touched in the body".

Those were really good body shots. The first one was brutal. Why wouldn't more good shots to the same area not hurt?

Some people on here, as big of fans as they are, don't seem to understand fighting.

Its not a video game, where his "health" is loaded up again in the next min or two, or the next round.

Edit: I see you edited your post. My reply still stand though.

exactly what i came in here to say

It wasn't "Every time he got touched in the body".

Those were really good body shots. The first one was brutal. Why wouldn't more good shots to the same area not hurt?

Some people on here, as big of fans as they are, don't seem to understand fighting.

Its not a video game, where his "health" is loaded up again in the next min or two, or the next round.

Edit: I see you edited your post. My reply still stand though.

...I didn't edit anything, and I'm well aware that I'm not watching Street Fighter. Have the post fight medical reports came out? If a shot to the body is so fucking hard that a professional fighter responds the way Matt did to body shots for the rest of the fight, I would expect to read about some bruised or broken ribs or some shit. Medical suspension and whatnot. Guess I'm gonna see if I can find out.

I thought it was weird how eager he was to explain why they hurt so bad, almost as though he was hiding something, like a permanent vulnerability. They were some pretty wicked shots though.

Yea but....he didn't really take the second one all that well either. I guess I'll take the cooled down body explanation. That first kick was indeed a nasty fucker.

Yeah the heating explanation makes sense. Brown also said that the second body shot that landed on him was on the exact same spot as the first one.

The drug abuse theory seems extremely far fetched.

...I didn't edit anything, and I'm well aware that I'm not watching Street Fighter. Have the post fight medical reports came out? If a shot to the body is so fucking hard that a professional fighter responds the way Matt did to body shots for the rest of the fight, I would expect to read about some bruised or broken ribs or some shit. Medical suspension and whatnot. Guess I'm gonna see if I can find out.

He got a 60 day medical suspension.

Welcome to MMA where holes in your game are bigger, because you don't have the time to work on everything as is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawn_bogart
Back