just bought some whey protien, need help

V

vale tudo kid

i was wondering what is the best way to use it, pre or post work out. also i heard that some people drink a shake before bed ? i would just like some info on how to use protien powder properly, thanks.

i drink 1 as soon as i wake

1 within 20 mins after i finish my workout

and sometimes 1 before bed

before bed is optional for me, i usually just drink the 2 during the day, because my diet consists of alot of protein each day

I drink one post workout, one with my lunch, and one before bed. I got mine at TrueProtein and they have some for the before bed shake. I'm sure other places carry the same type as well.

IMO, If you got a clean diet, (and eating a lots of protein in your meals) protein shakes are best used as snacks (with some carbs of some kind, e.g. fruit) in between meals so you dont go to many hours without.

And immediately after training, a gainer (both quick carbs and protein) is the most beneficient since you need to push up your glucus to be able to digest/absorb the protein. Eating protein with nothing else is not very efficient.

And proteinshake immideately before training is also good to have a full aminoacid-pool to minimize muscle breakdown from training.

and oh yes, a proteinshake before bed is also good.

thanks for the info ! why do yous guys drink one before bed ?

I just drink one after a workout every once in a while...I'm not too dependent on protein shakes, especially since all I do now is run and roll, no more lifting for now.

Dont know the exact science behind this but until go get a better answer, its not good to go to bed on an empty stomach since your body recovers when you sleep.

But it doesnt have to be proteinshake, food with lots of protein will also due.

i usally drink one in the morning on an empty stomach and when im workingout i drink before and sumtimes after

Drink one that has carbs in it and glutamine(optional to keep you from getting as sore) within one hour of finishing your workout. Probably drink another one during the day inbetween meals so your body has something in it. Also the reason you drink one before bed is to keep your body in an anabolic state, where your body is still building and repairing muscle. The best thing for this though isnt a protein shake. Go buy some non fat(i use 2% because it tastes better)cottage cheese and eat that right before bed. It is Casien(sp?) protein which is slow releasing and will keep your body in an anabolic state longer. If you are lifting hard make sure to take the shake right after your workout and eat the cottage cheese right before bed.

thanks, im going to start taking it today. i have been lazy and havent worked out in almost a week :[ thanks again, im off to the gym !

Back