Just bought a Switch Lite

mb23100

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
What are some games I should get? So far I just have Breath of the Wild. I don't plan on playing much so I would prefer exclusives.

Last edited:
Super Mario 3D world if you didn’t play on WiiU.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 if you like JRPG’s.

Pokémon games if you’re into that.

My wife is logging in some hours into Animal Crossing, but it’s not my thing.

While Switch ports can’t compete with the other consoles, the magic they pulled off to have run on a handheld is pretty amazing. Playing Skyrim on an airplane is pretty dang awesome.

I got a switch at Christmas and I’ve only been playing Mario 3D All Stars, specifically Mario 64 as my parents wouldn’t let me get an N64 back in the day so I’m trying to catch up on what I missed out on.

Super Mario 3D world if you didn’t play on WiiU.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 if you like JRPG’s.

Pokémon games if you’re into that.

My wife is logging in some hours into Animal Crossing, but it’s not my thing.

While Switch ports can’t compete with the other consoles, the magic they pulled off to have run on a handheld is pretty amazing. Playing Skyrim on an airplane is pretty dang awesome.
Yeah I got it for traveling. My old apprentice used to bring his to work and played Witcher 3. I wasn't even mad. More like "damn, that's cool!"

Yeah I got it for traveling. My old apprentice used to bring his to work and played Witcher 3. I wasn't even mad. More like "damn, that's cool!"

I used to travel a lot for work and be stuck on an airplane for 5~6 flights once every 2 months or so. Having a Switch was a godsend, especially now that most planes have USB ports to keep the battery topped off.

Another game I forgot to mention if you haven't played it is Ys VIII. Story is trash and there is no need to play previous entries in the series to understand what's going on, but the gameplay is fantastic. Fast paced ARPG. Has some Zelda like features that open up game/map progression as you unlock skills/equipment.

Why? I've heard nothing but praise for it. I haven't played a Zelda game since the NES days.
It's great if you like wondering around aimlessly fighting with weapons that break in 10 hits.

After using the New 2DS XL quite a while after buying it (playing Pokemon Y), I'm thinking about buying a Switch, but can only think of the few Zelda new and remakes I'd buy. Maybe the newer Pokemon.

I don't think Switch Lite connects to the TV.

It's great if you like wondering around aimlessly fighting with weapons that break in 10 hits.
WTF. Why'd they make it like that?

I remember in past RPG's, some items like a magic ring would break after several uses of it.

WTF. Why'd they make it like that?

I remember in past RPG's, some items like a magic ring would break after several uses of it.
The weapons get more durable as you progress. The intention behind the mechanic was to encourage players to get creative and resourceful in combat. It's not always convenient but it keeps combat engaging and unpredictable.

After using the New 2DS XL quite a while after buying it (playing Pokemon Y), I'm thinking about buying a Switch, but can only think of the few Zelda new and remakes I'd buy. Maybe the newer Pokemon.

I don't think Switch Lite connects to the TV.
It doesn't. Kinda disappointed in that. Honestly I'm not that impressed with it. It feels kind awkward. I never understood or liked the offset joysticks here or on Xbox. Your hands are basically symmetrical so why shouldn't the controller be?

Last edited:
I bought my switch last month, freaking love it.

So far I don't want to know the hours I logged into BOTW, as I haven't accomplished much per time ratio. Once I got some coat that let me endure cold better, I went exploring. Most enemies one-shot me and I'm useless against them. I shouldn't be where I am, but I love the exploration. The mechanics are really cool too, makes an open world immersive sim-ish.

I've been logging crazy hours into Xenoblade Chronicles 1 and Fire Emblem 3 houses (awesome strategy game on the toilet/in bed). I also bought Xeno 2 and played a bit, and it's a far better game early on, but I'm going to finish Xeno 1 first.

A friend of mine are going to be playing Hyrule age of Calamity tomorrow night, a Dynasty Warriors-like game that's set before the events of BOTW, you can play couch coop. I hear the Framerates can be shit, but I'm sure we'll enjoy it, I'll let ya know

Astral Chain is supposed to be a cool game too, guys who made Bayonetta. That's on the list once I actually finish what I've bought, or saturate myself.

Even though i bought the regular one that you can use on the TV,i never plug it into the tv. The big appeal is using it on the device which is phenomenal

I only have couple complaints about the switch

1) not being able to purchase retro nintendo games. They try to make you sign up to a service to play them and they are letterboxed so they dont go wide screen like many of the retro sf2 and castlevania collection games for example. this is COMPLETE ASS.
Even if they were widescreen i dont want to pay money to stream these old ass games,just let me buy em for a coupla bucks,nintendo you LOSER

2) Lack of Bluetooth. Really? REALLY!?!?!/

3) The volume when you dont use headphones is kinda weak ngl.

Back