Just bought a kettlebell. Now what?

shengthao

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I started watching the JRE lately and Joe always talks about kettlebells. So, I decided I'd like to try one. It's one of those with a monkey face. I got the 1.5 pood one because I thought that 1 pood was too light. This thing is fucking heavier than I thought and I don't know what to do with it. Help?

squat down with good form and lift that shit up

Doesn't rogan sell that extreme kettlebell workout DVD? You should've got that too... Or download it like a real Murican.

Next? Buy a barbell.

iBEwT7tEC0X2B.gif

Pavel's Enter The Kettlebell.

What are your goals? If you want to get stronger a kettlebell was a poor investment.

In answer to the question "now what?", wacking it is rarely a bad choice.

What are your goals? If you want to get stronger a kettlebell was a poor investment.

In answer to the question "now what?", wacking it is rarely a bad choice.

I do want to get stronger. Why is a kettlebell a poor choice?

Getting stronger is about lifting more weight and it's hard to do that if you only have one weight that is a preset size. Adding reps only helps for so long and then you aren't getting stronger, you are just building strength endurance.

If you want to work on muscle endurance or conditioning a kettlebell isn't a bad tool but it's really not the best for strength.

I have some kettlebell training books in PDF format, if you want to, you can PM me your email address and I can send them to you. One of them is the Pavel book reccomended above.

Back