Just bought a Galaxy S5

WorldofWarcraft

Holy Paladin
Banned
Reaction score
My first galaxy phone. My previous one is an iPhone 4s and I have some questions.

-I used to download mp4 videos from Youtube and put them on my iPhone. How do I go about doing this to my S5?

-What's the best program to transfer files from the PC to the 5S? Like pictures, videos, etc..

-I got the 5S connected to the PC right now and it's charging at a pace MUCH slower than my iPhone 4s, is this normal?

Tubemate

The best app that downloads youtube videos directly onto your on-phone memory.

And samsungs charge slower than Iphones, unless it's turned off.

My first galaxy phone. My previous one is an iPhone 4s and I have some questions.

-I used to download mp4 videos from Youtube and put them on my iPhone. How do I go about doing this to my S5?

-What's the best program to transfer files from the PC to the 5S? Like pictures, videos, etc..

-I got the 5S connected to the PC right now and it's charging at a pace MUCH slower than my iPhone 4s, is this normal?

you don't need a program to transfer any files. Just plug your phone into your computer via USB. Open up the memory (the phone's or a micro usb's) and create a folder.

Lets say you want music files. Call the folder "Music" and just drag and drop the mp3s or flacs from your pc to your phone.

You can also get ASTRO file manager on your phone to make it easier to find certain files that you added from your computer.

I've only had non samsung androids but I've always noticed that charging through a USB on a computer is much a slower then a wall plug

yes, you don't need a primitive thing like iTunes

I've only had non samsung androids but I've always noticed that charging through a USB on a computer is much a slower then a wall plug

naturally, you're mooching off of the PC through a USB connection as opposed to an actual plug/power outlet

If u want to transfer stuff internally get exfileexplorer. A must have.

Also download tTorrent.

Oh and root it just in case. You never know when you'll want to change your stock android to something else

Basically what you do is, throw it away and get a better phone.

just plug into comp and drag the file u want on the phone....super-easy

ye its slower to charge from the comp than a wall plug

also u should DL my song & make it ur ringtone XD

This is going to take some getting used to. I can't even figure out how to put in a password when you turn on the phone.

Oh and root it just in case. You never know when you'll want to change your stock android to something else

Do this after the warranty is expired and don't have insurance.

Rooting your device voids both of these. Trust me. It almost happened to me, Sprint thought my Note2 was rooted, and I actually bought an app that scanned my phone to detect any evidence of rooting.

Is Samsung Apps the place to get apps? I can't find Pandora radio on there or Redfin

you can use Kies to transfer files/backup phone etc , but not really necessary .

To transfer files between PC and S5

Wired: Connect USB cable to PC, drop and drag
Wirelessly: ES File Explorer app or Air Droid, available on the Google Play Store. Pushbullet can also tranfer pictures, files, etc. from phone to PC

The S5 may take longer to reach a full charge because the battery capacity is larger, 2900 mAH. The capacity of the 4S is 1420 mAH. It's like a gas tank. It'll take longer to fill a 29 gallon tank than a 14.2 gallon tank. The Snapdragon 800 allows faster charging. I have a Nexus 5, which charges pretty quickly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back