just back from the london open

P

private ryan

had my first competition today.
i lost my first fight in the heavyweight white belt adult division.
was awesome seeing roger gracie and mauricio gomez and braulio all together.
cant wait to train more and come back and do better in february.

barra essex
was abit pissed off that i got beaten by a judo black belt in the white belt division but fuck it im back training five days a week and my next competition is in february.

judo black belts should really be in blue belt divisions, even if they are a bjj white belt.
but, it was a good experience being in a tournament i am sure

private ryan said:
barra essex
was abit pissed off that i got beaten by a judo black belt in the white belt division but fuck it im back training five days a week and my next competition is in february.

Judo guys entering BJJ tourneys in the white belt division is becoming too regular of an occurence.

I wasnt abble to go and watch, I really wanted to, nut I fucked up my back really bad about two months ago, I was at fisio by the time of the tournament :(

Superbeast said:
Judo guys entering BJJ tourneys in the white belt division is becoming too regular of an occurence.
Yup. And it's not fair.
Last year in Scandinavian Open BJJ I saw this judo BB throw a newbie BJJ guy around for 5 minutes and avoiding the ground through the entire fight to win on points. Pure chickenshit to not daring to engage on the ground with an unexperienced grappler imo.

350 lbs fist said:
Yup. And it's not fair.
Last year in Scandinavian Open BJJ I saw this judo BB throw a newbie BJJ guy around for 5 minutes and avoiding the ground through the entire fight to win on points. Pure chickenshit to not daring to engage on the ground with an unexperienced grappler imo.

You could easily say the same thing about bjj guys who come to judo tournaments and try to pull the fight to the ground.

I've mentioned this before, but what about the judo blackbelt who has being doing bjj for a while but hasn't been promoted by his instructor? If it's being implied he's not up to blue belt standard why should he fight in the blue belt division?

we have a judo bb who was promoted pretty much straight away to blue belt status. he has 19 years of judo experience under his belt before he came to bjj.
maybe this theory might be wrong but i knew pretty much striaght away who was and wasnt judo in the tournie. normal bjj guys have flashy bjj gis and all the judo guys just had plain gis on.

private ryan said:
maybe this theory might be wrong but i knew pretty much striaght away who was and wasnt judo in the tournie. normal bjj guys have flashy bjj gis and all the judo guys just had plain gis on.

That and the judo throws.

private ryan said:
we have a judo bb who was promoted pretty much straight away to blue belt status. he has 19 years of judo experience under his belt before he came to bjj.

Thats shitty. The only thing I can see is that maybe he wasn't sure of what he was getting into, and thats a longshot. Should go by years grappling and approx. sub tech. I am sure you felt cooler losing than he did winning anyway.

i just enjoyed the experience and cant wait to do my next one

Judo backgrounds are one of those things people have to just deal with. I have a guy at my place who normally gets the best of me when we roll which we've done maybe five or six times. We started at a similar time & although he has prior background he still isn't much better than a blue belt. I just think technique & knowledge of gripping the gi is what gives some Judo guys an advantage.

Cool, It is absolutly no shame to lose to a Judo Black belt. When you become a black belt in Jiu jitsu go to a Judo whitebelt tournament and destroy them all:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back