Just another McG/Khabib prediction thread

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by TemDee, Aug 24, 2018.

1. TemDee

TemDee Blue Belt

Just mentioned this in another thread, but here's my general take on the fight.

I think Mcgregor comes out strong, demanding the center of the octagon. Khabib will challenge him to step back, but instead, Mcgregor will plant and throw without the hesitation shown by Khabib's previous opponents. If and most likely when Khabib uses this to secure the take down, Mcgregor won't try and scramble. He'll accept the take down, secure the upper body, and try and leg lock one of Khabib's legs for the stall from guard. He's just going to waste stamina and lose position if he tries to scramble, so it's better just to give up the round and wait for either the stand up from the ref or the bell.

Overall I think Khabib takes this, but I don't expect it to be the savage ground and pound beating most of his fans think it will be. If it goes the way I think the fight does McG will proceed to say Khabib fought like a pussy and his fans will be satisfied with that.

Aforo88 likes this.
  2. KevinThaKilla

KevinThaKilla Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

If Conor gets taken down with more than 30 seconds on the clock...it's over. He's not getting back up.

3. trident

trident Water Belt

4. TemDee

TemDee Blue Belt

I don't think he even attempts to scramble and get up, I agree with you. I just think he'll do better at stalling Khabib than most think.

Aforo88 and Superzorro like this.
  5. KevinThaKilla

And my point is that he's not going to be able to stall Khabib.

BadJuju and Theproof like this.
  6. TemDee

TemDee Blue Belt

I think he'll be successful in the first couple rounds at stalling but will be figured out. Stalling in BJJ isn't as hard as you might think.

7. Prince Nephilim

Prince Nephilim Brown Belt

Conor has to come in and counter because he won't be able to plant himself for power and strike so easily in this fight without the threat of an eventual Takedown. It's gonna be hard for him to do anything without getting put on his ass.

Superzorro and KevinThaKilla like this.
  8. KevinThaKilla

Lol, Khabib is not getting tied up and stalled by Conor McGregor. If he takes Conor down with any significant time left on the clock, in any round, Khabib easily controls punishes and finishes Conor at will. Most likely while explaining to Conor the folly of his infidel ways :)

Send Me Location and penontoc like this.
  9. fedoriswar37

fedoriswar37 Brown Belt

Khabib breaks people, he beats them up lets them try and get up and pulls them back down. He inflicts a lot of damage on the ground too. It will be interesting to see what conors team comes up with, this is where good coaching comes into play

10. ChumpyKiwi

ChumpyKiwi Purple Belt

I think it’s alot harder than people think to keep these Dagestan wrestlers in your guard

Wicked_1 likes this.
  11. TemDee

TemDee Blue Belt

For sure man! but that doesn't mean it won't be the strategy. What's he going to do, kill his tank trying to stand?

ChumpyKiwi likes this.
  12. ColombianFist

ColombianFist "Es mejor ser rico que ser pobre"

Khabib by decision.

13. Wicked_1

Wicked_1 Brown Belt

I agree. No one has kept khabib in guard for long. He is strong as fuk and very good at improving his position. If its anywhere near the fence conor will be trapped and have no answer for what khabib has.

ChumpyKiwi likes this.
  14. Theproof

Theproof Brown Belt

I like the predictionas for as Khabib winnibg but this is literally the dumbest think Conor could do. If he does that Khabin will no doubt smash his face in.

There is no part of the ground that Conor will have any success in.

15. Theproof

Theproof Brown Belt

Theres reason nobody had been able to keep Khabib from advancing on them and getting good positions. I cant find it bit Chael did a great breakdown of Khabib and how he is unique in the way he is able to control and get in good positions on the ground against his opponents. Conor cant train from Khabib.

16. NotoriousMillions

NotoriousMillions 27-1

Thank god you aren't a fighter...lmao. Jesus christ this is awful.

17. Bill Murray

Bill Murray Banned Banned

Is this real life? Because I keep seeing all the same BS being said that everyone was saying when Conor faced Alvarez... how on Earth can anyone spout the same BS after what we have already seen? Hell.. Alvarez faced tougher opponents.. he even beat a better RDA than Khabib and beat him more spectacularly.. yet we are supposed to believe Khabib is some god?

People want to believe.. that's all it is.. who has the UFC created out of BS? It's way more Khabib than Conor in reality.. yet the world wants to believe otherwise..

Gearc10 and NotoriousMillions like this.
  18. Aforo88

Aforo88 Purple Belt

Khabib is going to enter the fight overtrained and injured making hes take downs even slower (no set up = slow) than they were against AI resulting in Conor defending the initial TDs and countering with punches in bunshes. Khabib will abandon hes gameplan and force every movement and eventually secure a takedown mid 1st that causes him to gass. Conor will survive without taking damage and KO Khabib in the begining of the 2nd when Khabibs striking is even more sloppy because of the wrestling and the strikes absorbed in the 1st.

Gearc10 likes this.
  19. TemDee

TemDee Blue Belt

Mcgregor was pretty content with staying in Mendes' guard. Please, lets hear your prediction.

20. NotoriousMillions

NotoriousMillions 27-1

You're going to lose all of your money, your house, your wife, and then you're going to come onto Sherdog and cry about how much Khabib sucks and that Conor cherry-picked another easy opponent until you realize you've got bills past due and slowly stray away from Sherdog until you repeat the cycle all over again for Conor's next fight.