Jussier Formiga, the last guy who beat Deiveson Figueiredo has been released

I don't get why everyone acts like it's such a Tragedy when a Fighter gets released by a notoriously greedy and infamous UFC when this means he can test the Market and POSSIBLE make more money.

With how much he's being hyped up POST release, and If UFC really lost, than Formiga should have all the advantages heading into the Market right what with One and Bellator?...Or does him losing 3 Fights and not being particularly interesting not help his case?

I don't get why everyone acts like it's such a Tragedy when a Fighter gets released by a notoriously greedy and infamous UFC when this means he can test the Market and POSSIBLE make more money.

With how much he's being hyped up POST release, and If UFC really lost, than Formiga should have all the advantages heading into the Market right what with One and Bellator?...Or does him losing 3 Fights and not being particularly interesting not help his case?

Bellator doesn't have a flyweight division so unlikely he'd go there.

ONE I could see seeing as he and mighty Mouse never fought in the UFC.

I know it's only been 19 months but the direction of both and the evolution of Deiveson couldnt be any bigger of a gap that it is.

That fight gets booked in 3 months ( making believe) :
JF +390
DF - 440

Theres nobody beating Deiveson at 125. I wish cejudo would come back to demonstrate my point . Hed walk through cejudo or its be 50-45 across.

He was still a pretty high level fighter. Not sure why they got rid of him, really. His 3 fight losing skid includes the #2 guy, the guy who just fought for the belt, and the guy who is about to fight for the belt.
he is 9-7 UFC overall, not exactly stellar

Only logical reason they would do this would be if they were killing the division. Except this weekend is literally headlined by a flyweight title fight. Smh dumb

he is 9-7 UFC overall, not exactly stellar

Who cares. None of those 7 losses were to bad fighters. Dodson, Cejudo, Joe B, Borg, etc.

He was a solid top 5 guy in a division that has needed depth. The guy was filling that role already, and he could have continued to do so.

Dont be surprised to find a random dagestani ranked at no 15 now. I'm guessing tagur ulanbekov.

FORMIGA_JUSSIER_L.png

I think you mean the only guy to beat Figueiredo.

I know it's only been 19 months but the direction of both and the evolution of Deiveson couldnt be any bigger of a gap that it is.

That fight gets booked in 3 months ( making believe) :
JF +390
DF - 440

Theres nobody beating Deiveson at 125. I wish cejudo would come back to demonstrate my point . Hed walk through cejudo or its be 50-45 across.
Not sold on the Deiveson that barely got past Brooks' wrestling beating Cejudo.

He was still a pretty high level fighter. Not sure why they got rid of him, really. His 3 fight losing skid includes the #2 guy, the guy who just fought for the belt, and the guy who is about to fight for the belt.

ridiculous. And you wonder why there’s no much ducking and cherry picking.

Not sold on the Deiveson that barely got past Brooks' wrestling beating Cejudo.

I dont understand this place. That WAS THREE YEARS ago. It means nada- zero- zilch.

Jared Brooks ? Lol.

As we approach 2021, Deiveson would be an 8-1 favorite over him. 8 to fucking one.

Vegas had JoeB. a -165 favorite over deiveson. I tried telling sherdog world that they had wrong guy favored. .BEFORE FIGHT.

This reminds me of what Anderson did to Rich ( anderson was +155 in first fight ) and then the rematch....then wrecking ball Andy went on his tear.

There is nobody close to Figgy , currently, at 125. Its like a man vs a bunch of boys.
I mean - look at the guy. He doesn't even look like a 125er.

Watch.......I hope ( for the sake of competition)that someone can come along and give this guy a fight or even win.
I just dont see it.

Yeah another BW shit show.. Not into it, surely shit like this just makes fighters now want to fight in that division.

He had a decent run. Wasn't he that guy making just a few 100 bux before coming to the UFC and really struggling? And his record was something like 15-1 with the only loss to Ian Mcall.

What a coincidence I literally just watched him vs fig for the first time. Crazy that they let him go.

Guy could have challenged for the title twice but twice the UFC had to get their boy Benavidez in the picture. Making the initial match up was fine but twice?

Hopefully he’ll go to the PFL, make the million, and get a shiny belt.

Back