Crime Jussie Smollett was ‘real victim’ of racist attack, lawyer says as trial begins

panem-et-circenses

In the garden
Reaction score
“Jussie Smollett ‘is a real victim’ of a “real crime’, his attorney said in opening statements at the ex-Empire actor’s trial Monday, rejecting prosecutors’ allegation that he staged a homophobic and racist attack in Chicago.

Defense attorney Nenye Uche said two brothers attacked Smollett in January 2019 because they didn’t like him, and that a $3,500 check the actor paid the men was for training so he could prepare for an upcoming music video, not as payment for staging a hate crime, as prosecutors allege. Uche also suggested a third attacker was involved and told jurors there is not a ‘shred’ of physical and forensic evidence linking Smollett to the crime prosecutors allege.”

From the guardian:

Buried in nearly 500 pages of Chicago police department reports is a statement from a resident who says she saw a white man with “reddish brown hair” who appeared to be waiting for someone that night. She told a detective that when the man turned away from her, she “could see hanging out from underneath his jacket what appeared to be a rope”.

Her comments could back up Smollett’s contention that his attackers draped a makeshift noose around his neck. Further, if she testified that the man was white, it would support Smollett’s statements – widely ridiculed because the brothers are Black – that he saw pale or white skin around the eyes of one of his masked attackers.

Anyone following the case? I guess everyone forgot about it, or tuned it out because Jussie wasn’t a big star, but the trial is expected to last a week. At the time, it was a huge deal in America.

Does the lone supporting witness know where she saw this street-side hangman? As I recall, there are cameras everywhere and one of Jussie's problems was that he didn't remember where the 'attack' took place and no recordings could corroborate his story.

I think proving he invented the story will be really hard to do, and he's mostly going to use the trial to muddy the waters and try to save some face.

GUILTY
tumblr_prsbqy8JIc1vzfsy6_500.gifv

I like how Kamala called it a modern day lynching.

<bball2>

Anatomy of actual fake hate crime.
https://freebeacon.com/politics/jussie-smollett-hate-crime-hoax/
The actor, who was in Chicago filming the Fox series Empire, claimed he was attacked by two white men wearing "Make America Great Again" hats and shouting racist and homophobic slurs. Smollett insists he did not lie to police when he reported the attack. His attorney has suggested the Nigerian brothers could have been wearing "whiteface." Otherwise, the evidence of his involvement in the hoax is overwhelming.

Slap on the wrist. Nothing more.

Hypocrites.

This is an egregious crime. Stoking racial hatred during a very sensitive time in the USA (and the world in general), for personal gain, is abhorrent behaviour. I hope he has the book thrown at him, but he won't.

It doesn't matter of it really happened like he said. It could have happened happened because all white people are racist. That's all that matters. His story must be true and the racist justice system is just out to get him.

I'm going to bet we are going to hear something like this .

America will prove once again that is a white supremacist country when Smollets gets off with a slap on the wrist and a fine

Back