Jury got 16k to co-headline?

whether or not someone headlines or fights in the prelims, they sign a contract to make a certain amount when they fight, and that's that. doesn't matter when or who they fight.

that's just the way the ufc works, it's not that i'm agreeing or disagreeing with it.

Agreed. It could easily be argued that Russell Wilson is worth more than $817k a year to the Seahawks too, but he's on his rookie 4 year contract so that's what he gets. That seems to be the way sports work in general. Myles will get more when the next contract is signed. He's probably still on his TUF deal, in which he didn't even make it to the final.

He was in the second last match. This card did not have an advertised co-main event. He is also on his first contract it would appear.

For sure if the athletes get paid better they'll have an easier time preparing and such.

But the lower leagues is kind of for the guy who can make it despite not having all that.

And there is a roof for that kind of thing, you can't just pour money all over someone and see 'em blossom into a world champ.

At a certain point it even seems to be detrimental, with fighters losing their hunger and whatnot, but it's a fine line to balance. I think the UFC does a decent job of it, even if they really need to stick with the pace and not let mismatches like this happen.

The hate on this kid is idiotic. He def wasn't ready for top competition and prob could have fought a easier opponent , stayed undefeated and got a bigger payday when his contract ran out. People are taking his Diego comments out of context, and beside that what exactly did he say that was so offensive?

Nothing new. UFC keeping all the dough for themselves and their favorites/champs.

In hindsight, he was paid accordingly.

This is what Shonuff is paid per month to mod Sherdog...

Cerrone deserved half of it for at least trying to fight.

I see this is the first time you've ever looked at fighter salaries.

He lost. If he wanted more money, he should've won.

He's still on his original TUF contract, children. He didn't win, so its not a lot, nor should it be.

It's nine fights or three years. The three years are just about up. He'll renegotiate for more, but this shit performance will cost him for sure, as it should.

U Fight Cheap is what those letters stand for from what I've read online.

People will justify that pay just because they don't like him. I was happy Cerrone destroyed him but a guy who was on the streak he was on and undefeated deserves more than that. He's not elite but he's a top 10 guy and 16/16 is pretty low for a guy like that in the most stacked division.

whether or not someone headlines or fights in the prelims, they sign a contract to make a certain amount when they fight, and that's that. doesn't matter when or who they fight.

that's just the way the ufc works, it's not that i'm agreeing or disagreeing with it.

THIS ^

People keep acting like the fighters are employees.

They are contracted based on what the UFC thought their value might be at the time of the contract. Some fighters provide performance that exceeds the cost to the UFC. Some fighters provide poor performances that water down the cards and cause loss of value for the UFC. If we look at drawing power for last weekend one might ask whether Dunham, Tavares, and Marquardt really brought the UFC $150,000 of value for their performances. Then we have Lombard who fought an unranked fighter and made more base pay in three rounds than Daniel Cormier made in five rounds base pay for the main event against the champion.

I am no expert and have no access to the data, so I can't say how fair or unfair the overall process might be. But if I guessed I would say there are situations where some fighters are getting a lot less than their actual worth for the PPV while there are other fighters who are getting far more than their worth.

Zuffa zombie response "surely you're not dumb enough to think that's all he made. Dana secretly gives out giant bags of cash so the irs can't tax the fighters"

What a dumb statement.

I'd like to hear an argument for why he deserved more for that performance.

whats funny is most people on here make more than him after you take out his fees for trainers, coaches, gym fees, travel/hotel, all his gear, etc

Most people on here are more valuable to society.

16k is really low so you only get paid decent if you are elite in mma

Thats how it works in sports. Thats why the bellator and WSOF guys get paid crap. Thats why players in the NFL make a ton more than the CFL or arena football. Thats why fighters on Mayweather undercards get paid $2000 or less to fight.

Jury should have spent less time running his mouth and inventing "jury jiu jitsu" and more time training and he would have won and been closer to making the big pay days.

Back