Jurassic Park (the movie) vs Jurassic Park (the book)

I've read both Jurassic Park and Lost World. Both amazing books. The movies are fun but nothing like the books. This always happens to adaptations of Chrichtons works. I really wish somebody would remake 13th Warrior. It's my favorite book by him.
I feel the same way about Timeline
The book was dark, dangerous and tense, the movie was a damn teenybop popcorn flick

The book was dark, dangerous and tense, the movie was a damn teenybop popcorn flick

Yeah I don't even want to bother watching the movie. The book is awesome.

It's a shame that Time Line was such a damn good book that got turned into a Paul Walker summer popcorn flick.

I never read the book but I tried watching the movie just a few months ago. It is not good but it's not Walker's fault. He did fine, I thought, but the script and direction were weak.

I just can't get into his books. Tried with JP and Congo. He can write a good story but his characters are bland as fuck. I can't get into events happening to people I don't care about.

I never read the book but I tried watching the movie just a few months ago. It is not good but it's not Walker's fault. He did fine, I thought, but the script and direction were weak.
It was just a cheap movie with no effort into it whatsoever. Felt like some producer thought it was a cool story so let's throw 25-30 million into it and turn a decent number. Just could've been so much more.

I read JP when I was a kid and remember it being strikingly different as well. Still love the movie though.

I recently read The Shining and was really surprised at how different the movie adaptation was from the book. A lot King movies stay fairly close to the book. Not the case here.

Crichton's Jurassic Park is so rich in detail, science, philosophy and horror that the book is most certainly re-readable and enjoyable on its own merits.

Spielberg's Jurassic Park is rich in adventure, wonder and awe, and a cinematic cornerstone and experience only few movies ever reach.

The Lost World on the other hand......

Solid take!

I didn't think The Lost World was that bad of a movie when I last saw it. But that was several years ago. I do remember some very stupid moments though.

In my memory, it was slightly better than Jurassic World though.

I read JP when I was a kid and remember it being strikingly different as well. Still love the movie though.

I recently read The Shining and was really surprised at how different the movie adaptation was from the book. A lot King movies stay fairly close to the book. Not the case here.

I actually am reading The Shining right now, and yeah, it's different. 50 pages in and we haven't even really made it to the hotel yet.

I've read both Jurassic Park and Lost World. Both amazing books. The movies are fun but nothing like the books. This always happens to adaptations of Chrichtons works. I really wish somebody would remake 13th Warrior. It's my favorite book by him.

Remake the 13th Warrior... I have a buddy who would fight you for saying that lol. I thought it was alright. Saw it once.

Buncha nerds up in here with your books and your readin

The shitter is out back..... Go ahead

tumblr_lo6hhwDiF31qzmpuho1_500.gif

only chrichton book i read was congo but that was a long time ago. I remember the movie really altered some of the key characteristics of the main characters. Namely the protagonist in the book was cold hearted and wanted money wile in the movie they made her more likable and she cared about the people around her.

I do not read novels. I did enjoy Jurassic Park as a movie though.

Remake the 13th Warrior... I have a buddy who would fight you for saying that lol. I thought it was alright. Saw it once.

I'm not saying it was bad. I own that movie and still watch it. But I think it could've been done so much better.

only chrichton book i read was congo but that was a long time ago. I remember the movie really altered some of the key characteristics of the main characters. Namely the protagonist in the book was cold hearted and wanted money wile in the movie they made her more likable and she cared about the people around her.

I thought Congo was a horrible movie. The book was amazing.

Can't remember too much about the book other than it was really graphic and overall I liked it. I do recall that Neadry guy getting down bowled and reaching down and feeling his intestines.

How about listing the differences between the 2.

Ain't got No time for da book. Thanks Sherbros.

Back