Junior's standup is still better than Cains. Do you agree or disagree?

Yes I think it is but Cain had the whole package in that fight. I don't think anyone could've beaten Cain that night. I'd still call JDS the better striker but it seems he's not the better fighter.

Cain has better head movement and kicks, Junior has more speed and brutal power. I like JDS but I wouldn't sleep on Cain. I think had that been anyone other than JDS or probably Roy Nelson you would have seen a first round KO.

JDS has very good timing and power. Cain has better head movement.

I don't give a shit about potential or style...because if you can't sustain your attack/striking game, it's not superior to anything.

Cain boxed the shit out of him while Junior was looking for various 1-punch KOs.

I think Junior probably does have better technical boxing, but if he can't gameplan past the highlight reel KO...then his striking will never be better than Cain's.

I dont know if junior just got tagged hard in the head right away and never recovered...maybe he was partying with liddel drinking nyquil before the fight? he looked terrible.
I wonder if he was training with anderson? the way he was dropping his hands and backing straight up reminded me of silva, but jds just couldnt pull it off.

Cain looked pretty terrible too. how do you make that last 25 minutes? I have been saying for the past couple years they are both relatively green and i think they both showed that. Overeem is going to destroy whichever one he fights first and then the other one.

This wasn't even an argument before this fight. Cain rocks jds with one punch that jds wasn't covering up for and all of a sudden cain is the better stand up guy?

I mean Cain was awesome but jds still is far ahead in the stand up.

Sherdog, where you're only as good as the newest gif

You don't follow your own strand of logic. You say JDS rocked Cain in one punched i.e. a "gif moment" that then ended the fight. But for some reason in the subsequent fight Cain beating JDS on the feet for 25 minutes is something to be disregarded in terms of who is the better fighter.

Cain showed persistent domination over JDS from a technical striking viewpoint, as opposed to JDS who landed one powerful punch.

Like everyone has basically said already, it's JDS if we're hypothetically talking about a boxing/kickboxing match. I wouldn't count Cain out of it completely, but while they have comparable handspeed, JDS has the better chin to afford more mistakes and honestly probably better utilization of footwork.

When you introduce the threat of takedowns, it's another story.

I have to wonder how much of a toll those body shots JDS absorbed took on his cardio too though, and not just the chain wrestling. Really brilliant display by Cain.

Anyways, I still see this as anyone's fight when they meet again, and I don't see anyone other than Cormier giving JDS similar problems. JDS has Overeem's number. Heck so does Cain for the exact same reasons we just saw last Saturday.

JDS stand up is better..But Cain mma boxing is better since he uses wrestling to set things up..
JDS needs to learn new techniques if he makes it to a possible rematch

well cain said it the best . jds dosent do well backing up . he likes to readjust himself and attack thats the reason cain was doin so good was because of the constant pressure an keeping jds backing up the whole time ! WAR CAIN for the good game plan and for watching and studying jds prior fights! :icon_twis

it's about mixing it up and transitions. i think JDS takes a boxing match between them.

Totally yes. But it's MMA, not boxing. So, you have to worry about takedowns. And in this fight, this factor proved to have a decisive role in the fight.

I think you mean power..

Because Cain's boxing and head movement are very technical, and experts say it is...

I think its pretty close, but JDS blows him away in power.

JDS is one of my favorite fighters but he just plain got fuggin wrecked. In all aspects including striking. I would have to see them just plain box to figure that out but by MMA standards I would say Cain is better. At least on that night he was. Wrestling or not he out struck JDS.

JDS looks old he is younger than the Cain but he looks much older why?

I think you mean power..

Because Cain's boxing and head movement are very technical, and experts say it is...

I think its pretty close, but JDS blows him away in power.

not really.. Jack Slack has great striking analysis (probably the best striking analyzer/writer in mma right now) and he pretty much trashed the way Cain goes in with his chin completely exposed.

JDS looks old he is younger than the Cain but he looks much older why?

dunno, but being bold doesn't help you to look any younger....

Suddenly Cain has better striking than JDS, Sherdog is really awesome.

Back