Junior's standup is still better than Cains. Do you agree or disagree?

JDS is a superior striker but Cain had the more effective striking due to mixing it up and having JDS guess whether it's a takedown or a strike which opened him up and probably also had him more hesitant

JDS would beat Cain in a kickboxing match....when wrestling comes into play....its much much closer

I still think so , but I completely underrated Cains standup in the past and he is so much better than I ever gave him credit

Based on those gifs, I'd vote for Cain lol. That was a much "cripser" right hand

Cain mixes things up so well I'd lean towards calling him the better "striker" however Junior might have better pure boxing but his hands are way too low...

If you take cardio out of the equation JDS has the better standup.

Outstriking> hailmary

And this ain't boxing, Cain's MMA striking is far superior. To those who still say JDS is better i can only say this: The nile...is not a river in Egypt.

UFC-155-Junior-dos-Santos-vs-Cain-Velasquez-Full-Fight-Video.jpg

Cain-Velasquez-nails-JDS-with-a-head-kick-@-UFC-155-Zuffa-e1356918331463.png

In a pure stand up match, JDS is probably superior. Cain mixing in takedowns along with his strikes is a monster. Changes the entire game for JDS. Cain is certainly more well rounded.

Thoughts?

tumblr_mfutmsggnP1qfrkf9o1_500.gif

I can't believe this is the first time im noticing this. But what was JDS doing there, seriously hes just opening himself up to be hit and not even trying to attack.

sherdog at it's finest guy loses and you all discredit him and suck off the winner, when you've got takedowns to worry about the game changes now it's up to you to decide if takedowns are part of standup.

But pure striking, jds has it.

Cain has better boxing and overall skill while Junior has more power in his punch.

I can't believe this is the first time im noticing this. But what was JDS doing there, seriously hes just opening himself up to be hit and not even trying to attack.

If you look at a longer version of the gif Junior throws a jab that connects but he was moving backward and there wasnt much on it - Can walked through it. Then after the jab JDS hand goes back down to his waist just as the right hand is coming.

I love that first gif!
I think JDS would have put on a better show had his bell not been rung in the first round.

JDS V Cain 1 - JDS's striking was better
JDS V Cain 2 - Cain's striking was better
JDS v Cain 3 - only time will tell.

His defense is pretty sloppy, it wasn't hard to notice in his previous fights. People just bought the world class boxer hype.

He just threw a jab (not effective, like 100% of all Junior strikes in this fight, because he was always walking backwards and finding himself on wrong stances and positions) and didn't bring his hand back to his chin. That's like first day boxing class right there.

Cain won this fight by putting an impressive pressure on Junior since the first minute. And I agree that Junior was already fading by the time he got busted hard in the end of the 1st. Cain's pace was unbelievable, also showing that he was not afraid at all after being KO'D in 64secs.

If there was no wrestling allowed, lets say we have a straight up boxing match I this think JDS wins 7 out of 10 times, this is just a guess that is what makes forums fun.

This wasn't even an argument before this fight. Cain rocks jds with one punch that jds wasn't covering up for and all of a sudden cain is the better stand up guy?

I mean Cain was awesome but jds still is far ahead in the stand up.

Sherdog, where you're only as good as the newest gif

And who's fault is it for Junior lowering his hands? If his stand-up was so great he would have kept his hands up. Junior has great power in his punches and that is it in my opinion.

JDS would beat Cain in a kickboxing match....when wrestling comes into play....its much much closer

Much closer? We saw what happened in the last fight when wrestling was incorporated into the match.

Why do you think there was so much butthurt about Cain not using his wrestling in the first fight? Did you ever hear anyone saying that Cain's path to victory was to stand with JDS?

1.gif

lol-facepalm.gif

Back