Junior's analysis on the fight, at the hospital!

Big JDS fan, but his defense sucks....I mean really sucks. Those later rounds he was just gritting down and taking shots.
I believe it had a lot to do with his lack of Cardio, he was totally depleted and looked lost indeed.

Kinda glad he didn't face Reem.
And this is the part I don't get, what in God's name makes you think Overoid could do similar to what Cain did to win? Pressure Junior with some powerful take downs? Make use of an extense gass tank?

C' mon man, the only one I see doing this same thing right now in the division is probably Cormier, but certainly not Overeem, that fight would have been on the feet enough time to give Junior some openings that would put Alistair's light out.

Cain laid the blueprint on how to beat him (Pressure, Quick Combo's that lead to a TD and mix between the TD and Strikes). JDS doesnt punish his opponent enough when he stuffs the TD, so they'll shoot on him all day.
You are right about this, but not all fighters in the division are able to apply said blueprint, and once again, certainly not Overroid.

Overeem's clinching trips and throws are about the best in his division: prolly DC and CV are better.

Now I have heard it all, you are comparing Overeem's trips to Cain's take downs? :icon_lol:

This is sad to see for me, I love JDS. He looks like a monster lol

JDS is fucking awesome. Keeping it classy and admitting his mistakes. Thank god.

I am beginning to feel sorry for JDS but someone has to lose and I wanted a trilogy.

This one perfectly illustrate the fact that I have been saying for ages his punching defense is very poor at best and his offense is way too wild..

His hands are so low, no wonder he got outstruck, a real top striker like AO would expose it even him even worse

Go watch the Brock fight, AO's hands were at his hips both had them their for the same reason to defend the take down. If JDS and AO fight their stance would look nothing like that.

Do fans on here forget how Overeem was KOd by Chuck and beaten by many? Yes, the suped-up version of Overeem is better, but he still doesn't have the heart nor skill to beat the best. He is becoming seriously over-rated.

I like jds more and more as we hear more on him. What a good dude. You know how devastating it must be to lose your belt and get pummeled? And yet he's still cool as hell, joked, took pics and gave Cain his props. Definitely a fan of this dude.

Yeah i agree. I was rooting for Cain last night because i wanted him to prove all the "Gone in 60 seconds" people wrong but i like JDS too.

He's one of the good and humble guy of the sport. Fans were absolutely shitty and disgraceful to boo him last night. He has all my respect

dsc04236.jpg

Boescth looks like he got bit on the nose.

What a great guy, no excuses and still has a sense of humor. I think he should fight at least twice more before getting the rematch though, I don't like when both fighters fight once in between. I like to see them have time to improve more.

Back