Junior's analysis on the fight, at the hospital!

Keep hearing people say JDS will learn from this fight. What can you learn from such a thorough beating? Don't get taken down? Defensive boxing? Better gas tank? Junior's got enough to work on for the next decade.

JDS still my favorite HW (behind Big Nog). Heart and chin of a champ... hope he comes back strong

Good to see him in high spirits and knowing what he did wrong and where to improve already.

Keep hearing people say JDS will learn from this fight. What can you learn from such a thorough beating? Don't get taken down? Defensive boxing? Better gas tank? Junior's got enough to work on for the next decade.

He didn't do a whole lot to avoid punches while standing in the first round, didn't take advantage of Cain when he was on his stomach on the ground after Cain was stuffed.

Big JDS fan, but his defense sucks....I mean really sucks. Those later rounds he was just gritting down and taking shots.

Kinda glad he didn't face Reem.

Cain laid the blueprint on how to beat him (Pressure, Quick Combo's that lead to a TD and mix between the TD and Strikes). JDS doesnt punish his opponent enough when he stuffs the TD, so they'll shoot on him all day.

He's still my favorite active fighter.

His demeanor after the fight is one of the reasons I love him so much. The guy is very determined but also maintains a positive attitude. Similarly to Fedor and his stoicism.

He'll get the belt back.

Big JDS fan, but his defense sucks....I mean really sucks. Those later rounds he was just gritting down and taking shots.

Kinda glad he didn't face Reem.

Cain laid the blueprint on how to beat him (Pressure, Quick Combo's that lead to a TD and mix between the TD and Strikes). JDS doesnt punish his opponent enough when he stuffs the TD, so they'll shoot on him all day.

He got caught and never recovered. That's a pretty damn good blueprint to beat anyone...

This one perfectly illustrate the fact that I have been saying for ages his punching defense is very poor at best and his offense is way too wild..

His hands are so low, no wonder he got outstruck, a real top striker like AO would expose it even him even worse

Ah you are a riot man, he was being punched because he was afraid of the take downs and didn't protect his face, it's simple he used the wrong strategy and was extremely afraid of the take down, he messed up, and Overeem in no way is as strong in the take downs as Cain, so the fight woulg do very direfently.

I am a fan of both but JDS was completely outclassed. Can't think of one punch he landed. He will come back and will beat anyone not named Cain.

He landed quite a few left hooks to the liver and right hands to the face in the 4th and 5h, but they had nothing behind them. A couple of those liver shits sounded brutal though.

If Hunt wins, make Hunt/JDS.

It'd be rough to see JDS KO'd, but I'd get over it.

I agree. We need to set up a Hunt Warwagon imo. Hunt will KO JDS and take the belt from Cain.

WAR HUNTO! (WAR JDS too, of course)

I am a fan of both but JDS was completely outclassed. Can't think of one punch he landed. He will come back and will beat anyone not named Cain.

Oh I hate these stupid posters... Most people was saying the exact same thing about Cain when he got KO'ed during the first fight, and now everyone is saying the opposite?

The third fight would go very diferently again, and only God knows who would win for sure.

Ah you are a riot man, he was being punched because he was afraid of the take downs and didn't protect his face, it's simple he used the wrong strategy and was extremely afraid of the take down, he messed up, and Overeem in no way is as strong in the take downs as Cain, so the fight woulg do very direfently.
Overeem's clinching trips and throws are about the best in his division: prolly DC and CV are better.

I dont mind that JDS lost, I just mind the way he lost. It was hard to watch, he looked so slow lol.

Oh I hate these stupid posters... Most people was saying the exact same thing about Cain when he got KO'ed during the first fight, and now everyone is saying the opposite?

The third fight would go very diferently again, and only God knows who would win for sure.

Amen.

I was supremely confident that JDS would outclass Cain again, and I was wrong. This fight didn't tip the scales to the other extreme.

JDS will come back better. That I know for sure.

Man, Junior looked like Frankenstein by the end of that fight.

Back