Junior really needs a better team.

Junior needs a faster trigger is all.

Cain repeatedly beat him on the trigger in the standup

He is on the same shit as Machida, he let team loyalty mix with business. at least now he will not have a title shot for a while. he should do the same as Anderson Silva. go back to team Nogueira crying. learn JJ. he fixed the spider good. he may not have the knowledge to teach JDS but he is probably the best person to help now

I don't think Brazilian camps focus on gameplans as much as American camps. As TS said, JDS appeared to have the same strategy in mind for Cain III as he did for Cain II, despite the fact that it had already failed. He did more or less the same things, with slightly more success at first, possibly because he trained better and didn't get caught with that huge overhand right in round 1 again. If he had a better gameplan, he at least wouldn't have been beaten in pretty much the same way.

It was like a replay, with the huge overhand right coming in the third instead of the first round.

I think if JDS works with Freddie Roach and learns to get punches off a split second quicker he could KO Cain again, he has the edge in power but didn't pull the trigger fast enough.

He definitely needs to improve his technical striking. Training Freddie Roach would be a blessing for his career IMO.

Whatever AS did since his last loss on Pride fixed pretty much the same problems JDS has. his JJ has saved him from the worse, his TDD is not perfect but enough to frustrate elite wrestler. funny how ridiculous this camp loyalty goes in Brazil, JDS share the same sponsor (Chorinthians) and if I understand JDS stays in Salvador when he could go for a few days to a state of the art gym on a camp where AS and Jacare hang around

What he needs is more lateral movement and a greater variety of punches. Honestly, I think he'd benefit from training with Gustafsson.

A move to Alliance will be great, he'll get to train with Phil Davis too, that did wonders for Gus's defensive wrestling. Junior got taken down twice in the first round, after which he kept his hands too low. Traning with Phil will improve his tdd even more. Even the freaking Blackzillians would be a better option than his current team.

He would have done so much better if he would have just attempted to make space and circle out from the cage regularly, What I don't understand is how his corner wasn't hounding him about that, Didn't hear 1 word about it from his coaches.

His coaches clearly did not prepare him enough for this bout, and weren't valuable cornermen either.

he needs to leave his current trainers asap. I was surprised at how easy Cain put him against the cage and began to blast him like nothing. He knew that the last thing he wanted was to be with his back against the cage.
Randy used to do the same thing, he had you against the cage and dirty box the shit out of you. Dos Santos needed to keep the fight in the middle of the octagon and shake him off everytime he wanted to have him against the fence. Dos Santos didn't do his homework.

He never made Cain respect him in the fight, never put any fear into Cain. Junior tried but Cain just walked through his punches

He never made Cain respect him in the fight, never put any fear into Cain. Junior tried but Cain just walked through his punches

Problem was Junior didn't throw enough punches. Cain seemed dazed a couple of times when Junior connected early on.

Leaving Blackhouse was Juniors biggest mistake. Either needs to go back or to try and train with cain at AKA or maybe with jones at Jacksons :/

Leaving Blackhouse was Juniors biggest mistake. Either needs to go back or to try and train with cain at AKA or maybe with jones at Jacksons :/

Training with Cain would be too much a pride-killing move, and it would totally finish off any semblance of a rivalry. Going back to Blackhouse, or a move to Alliance would be the best option for him. Jackson's would be great too.

True dat!
JDS needs a team who would have thrown in a towel and saved him from the lethal beating.

A move to Alliance will be great, he'll get to train with Phil Davis too, that did wonders for Gus's defensive wrestling. Junior got taken down twice in the first round, after which he kept his hands too low. Traning with Phil will improve his tdd even more. Even the freaking Blackzillians would be a better option than his current team.

His coaches clearly did not prepare him enough for this bout, and weren't valuable cornermen either.

I agree , i think a move to Alliance would overall be his best option, between Gus, Phil and Vera, he would have some amazing quality training partners.

I think the Blackzillions may be his second best option, I thought about Jacksons at first as JBJ could be a good wrestling partner, but overall I think the Blackzillions would have more to offer JDS in training. There camp is getting rather big and they have some really good fighters emerging from there.

JDS really needs a new weapon, he's a fantastic striker yes, but Cain figured him out

His feeling of position is terrible, easily be cornered on a straight line, wtf? Who is his coach? Playing a same game and hoping for a different result? JDS has a very good chin, explosive hand, heart, he has potential be a beast but Brazilians seem very bad on strategy/ gameplan. They need a head to think for them. Everything at high level is won by strategy. Strategy is much more important than techniques.

He did decently when the fight is in the middle of the octagon, what he needed is to return to the center as soon as possible, e.g circle around Cain when he was near the edge, but he just move slowly and let Cain push him to the fence easily.

What he needs:
1 Jabs, train real boxing with high level coach like Freddie Roach
2 Footwork
3 Gameplan

Going to Jackson will be a good move

JDS hoped to KO Cain like the 1st fight without improving his wrestling. Then again it's tough to improve in that amount of time. He should have more combo strikes and stances to counter Cain. JDS just had the right hand and if by chance it struck clean maybe. Cain just said no way buddy I'm throwing everything at you so you can't come up with anything.

I don't think Brazilian camps focus on gameplans as much as American camps. As TS said, JDS appeared to have the same strategy in mind for Cain III as he did for Cain II, despite the fact that it had already failed. He did more or less the same things, with slightly more success at first, possibly because he trained better and didn't get caught with that huge overhand right in round 1 again. If he had a better gameplan, he at least wouldn't have been beaten in pretty much the same way.

I notice that too, they seem use the go with the flow principle and in some cases It cost their fighters some fights,

The fight played out exactly like the 2nd one. He needed a better gameplan. This was his fight # 2 gameplan (avoid td by keeping hands low), and like fight # 2, he got blasted standing up and against the cage. He also didn't seem to improve his conditioning a great deal. Also, he looked lost whenever his back was against the cage, like he didn't know how to get out of there.

His current team either don't push him enough or don't have good enough coaches, in either case he needs to switch teams. Watching him get pummeled for 10 rounds like that against Cain was dreadful to watch as a huge JDS fan.

Finally, huge props to Cain. He clearly is the best HW in the world.

I think it is hard to know what JDS's gameplan might have been or if he has been working on other things. The Hunt fight he obviously showed he is adding to his striking arsenal. I just think Cain doesn't give you any room to move and no time to catch your breath. And for a HW, he never seems to get tired. I think no matter what JDS did in camp this was going to play out the same way

That's not a knock on JDS. I just don't think any game-plan was gonna work better than the way Cain can impose his own. Its a bad match-up for JDS no matter what strategy he tries. If he doesn't land a huge shot early he is gonna be in more and more trouble as the fight goes on. And he did land a good one right in the first few seconds but it wasn't enough to take Cain out

Like I said when this fight was announced, it happened way too early to let JDS improve significantly, especially in the defensive boxing and defensive wrestling areas.

Also I think he may have thought the same approach could work without rhabdomyolisis, which was indeed a mistake, so maybe he didn't train that differently.

Guy's has a warrior and a half spirit but it was painful to watch him take that much punishment, his corner should have spared hiim that.

He needs to take time now, and work his way back up to title contention very slowly, because the time that he will use doing so will allow him to improve much much more.

And like almost everyone said he needs to surround himself with a top camp, top trainers and sparring partners, Dorea showed his limits, coming from straight boxing he doesn't know how to mix things up.
Hell JDS even got dominated in the boxing dpt and has very big holes in his boxing ( lack of jab, denfensive boxing and footwork ... )

I think it is hard to know what JDS's gameplan might have been or if he has been working on other things. The Hunt fight he obviously showed he is adding to his striking arsenal. I just think Cain doesn't give you any room to move and no time to catch your breath. And for a HW, he never seems to get tired. I think no matter what JDS did in camp this was going to play out the same way

That's not a knock on JDS. I just don't think any game-plan was gonna work better than the way Cain can impose his own. Its a bad match-up for JDS no matter what strategy he tries. If he doesn't land a huge shot early he is gonna be in more and more trouble as the fight goes on. And he did land a good one right in the first few seconds but it wasn't enough to take Cain out

I disagree with that part. Being a bad stylistic matchup doesn't mean the person with the disadvantage has no chance. If JDS had better lateral movement, he might have been able to avoid the clinch and the cage. Better technical boxing (not just winging overhand rights) might have allowed him to put some good combinations on Cain, making Cain more careful (instead Cain just did as he damn well pleased as long as he avoided the big right). Better cardio would have allowed him to last longer. Finally a better gameplan would have allowed him to tie all this together.

If JDS ever beats Cain (and I still believe he can, with the right tools and gameplan), it will have to be by KO because (1) He can't outlast Cain and so won't be getting a decision and (2) Cain does have a somewhat suspect chin. He just needs to put some things together to have a higher possibility of getting the KO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back