News Junior middleweight Patrick Day undergoes emergency brain surgery after KO

Just watched Rd 10, man it was brutal the way he went down eyes opened and all.

I hope God heals him and he recovers soon. I think he should stop fighting if he does recover.

Sports AFP
US fighter Day in coma after vicious KO: report
American Patrick Day was in a coma after suffering a serious head injury Saturday night following a vicious knockout by unbeaten Charles Conwell during a boxing card in Chicago, US media reported. The 27-year-old Day was unconscious when he was taken from the ring in a stretcher and loaded onto a waiting ambulance at the Wintrust Arena. Fight broadcaster DAZN said Day suffered a seizure in the ambulance and needed a breathing tube once he arrived at the hospital.

Boxer Patrick Day transported to hospital after vicious KO
The Associated Press

US boxer Day hospitalized after big knockout
AFP

Bad year for shit like this. Its still relatively rare considering the number of pro fights every year but we've had too many on television this year.

Shitty year indeed, on that regard.

Bad year for shit like this. Its still relatively rare considering the number of pro fights every year but we've had too many on television this year.
This

Theres about over 1000 pro fights worldwide and 2 of them were on us television 2 months apart

Watching the fight, both dudes were swinging for the fences and landing clean with regularity.

It was great to watch, but I didn’t see this outcome, I expected one of them to just get KO’d.

I hope Mr Day pulls through.

I watched Live. They were throwing some bombs. The dude’s reaction when he realized his opponent wasn’t getting up. Hard to watch. I hope he pulls through!

Hopefully he pulls through and makes a full recovery. The sour aspects of this sport are hard to swallow sometimes. We know they're there but it really hits home when we see it for ourselves. Wishing him the best, obv.

It really sucks when you know you just witnessed the end of someone's dream....

Hopefully he lives well for the next 40 or 50 years but....fuck, man.

Wow, youre so funny and cool
Actually it was kinda funny...it obviously was a joke with no ill intentions

Levity is good.

I genuinely believe that weight cutting has something to do with it.

Patrick Day had a BRUTAL fight on ESPN just a little while ago

His handlers shouldve had him keep it easy.

Any News?
Imo the absolute wrong thread for dumb jokes about Day. Late stoppages like this are the worst. Dont think he will ever fight again.

I hadn't seen the replay. Damn, it looks bad.

Hopefully he pulls through and makes a full recovery. The sour aspects of this sport are hard to swallow sometimes. We know they're there but it really hits home when we see it for ourselves. Wishing him the best, obv.
It's a deadly sport, but you can't take the fight out of the fighter. They gonna do what they want to do, and fighting is what they do. The dangers and tragedy is part of the game. Why I continue to watch, because these guys are living their moment, and for better or worse, we might see some shit that turns our stomachs because you dont play boxing.

Damage sustained in that fight no doubt contributed.

Yep very often crucial aspects of such ko s are sparring wars before or damage received in previous fights. Sadly the brain acumulates damage and can only heal very slow. Too slow for a professional fighters schedule

Prayers for him and his family. Pulling for him to recover.

It's a deadly sport, but you can't take the fight out of the fighter. They gonna do what they want to do, and fighting is what they do. The dangers and tragedy is part of the game. Why I continue to watch, because these guys are living their moment, and for better or worse, we might see some shit that turns our stomachs because you dont play boxing.
Yeah it's part of the sport and everyone knows what they're getting into, no doubt. One of the toughest jobs to make a living doing, that's for sure.

Back