Junior dos Santos surprised by Cain Velasquez's confidence

Cains jaw didnt get harder and Juniors fist sure dont get softer.

Cain can be happy if he gets this to the second.

So many douchebags in this thread. They all deserve a beatdown.

I think you're in denial pal. I don't even like Cain, but you think that pitiful little footgrab, proves that JDS can defend Cain's takedowns? Does that even look like any takedown Cain has ever attempted before or since then?

It the same takedown he used on Bigfoot.

MMa fans are the only fans that think just cause somebody wins one fight he wins the rest easily against the same opponent. Boxing has proven this wrong so many times, yet mma fans still don't believe it. Sure, it didn't last long, but every fight is different. Cain Via dec.

I agree but you really see this fight going to decision??

My guess would be that Cain cannot remember the first fight (combination of short duration and knock out), so that might be why he is so confident.

mislabeled as usual, he was surprised that cain said he thought he was better than everyone in the division

Does anyone think Cain can take one solid punch from JDS anywhere on his head?

JDS doesn't get it. He caught Cain early. Power punchers are at their best early in round 1, when their power is the most fresh and their opponents are cold, not warmed up yet.

That means this fight could be completely different. JDS didn't pick Cain apart and prove his stand up is miles better. JDS didn't stuff multiple (or even one real) takedowns proving that Cain's wrestling can't beat him.

He just took a couple of leg kicks, landing a body shot, and then landed a homerun punch.

That simply doesn't mean much. I know people don't like that and I've said this before and heard the flames before, but just wait and see. Even if JDS wins, it's not going to be the same.

JDS ko round 1

Just hoping this fight is a good one. The two best HW's in the world

HUH?

Have you looked at JDS' record and how he won his fights? JDS' striking (which is second to none) is just his overall specialty. JDS also has a strong BJJ background.

It's a far better unique blend of victories vs Cain's so called record.

How many submissions has {Cane} attempted or pulled off?

You make no sense saying this because by and large, he has more stand up action than JDS.

Dude your trying way to fucking hard. Shut the fuck up, your comments ooze of bigotry! Fuck off

Why is he surprised?

Not even the Vegas gamblers believe that much in Dos Santos fluke win.

That's why he's only a -160 favorite.

JDS may have BJJ and other stuff, but if all he does is box then he might as well be a boxer. I want to watch MMA not boxing. Cain may not use BJJ (like JDS) but at least he throws kicks and uses wrestling. More diverse and not so one dimensional.

When is the last time you saw a sprawl in a boxing match? Biting? maybe... clinching? maybe... but straight down sprawling? never. Not to mention finishing the fight with hammer fists on the floor.

I think you're in denial pal. I don't even like Cain, but you think that pitiful little footgrab, proves that JDS can defend Cain's takedowns? Does that even look like any takedown Cain has ever attempted before or since then?

He attempted the exact same takedown against Silva. Difference is, Silva is slow and JDS isn't. Why wouldn't you "like" Cain by the way? His fights are always entertaining.

This time maybe JDS will win again but he will get some punishment from Cain first, this fight will be more even than the first one

Been calling it for a while.. JDS is overconfident

Cain will win..

LOL "footgrab" if you know anything about wrestling (which you clearly don't) you could see that Cain was attempting a single leg but missed the shot due to JDS's speed and movement.

Cain takes most of his opponents down via the single leg (e.g Brock and Ben Rothwell).

Back