Junior dos Santos surprised by Cain Velasquez's confidence

JDS doesn't get it. He caught Cain early. Power punchers are at their best early in round 1, when their power is the most fresh and their opponents are cold, not warmed up yet.

That means this fight could be completely different. JDS didn't pick Cain apart and prove his stand up is miles better. JDS didn't stuff multiple (or even one real) takedowns proving that Cain's wrestling can't beat him.

He just took a couple of leg kicks, landing a body shot, and then landed a homerun punch.

That simply doesn't mean much. I know people don't like that and I've said this before and heard the flames before, but just wait and see. Even if JDS wins, it's not going to be the same.

Sure, but I think Velasquez is a pretty humble guy too. They are both good guys, but there is nothing wrong with thinking you're the best as long as you aren't a jerk about it.

They are both humble, I don't think Dos Santos is surprised that Cain thinks he can win but how Cain said it but Dos Santos respects him still.

Really hope Cain takes it so we can have an MMA fighter as champ instead of a boxer.

Ha? Dos Santos mainly uses Boxing to win but he's an MMA fighter.

WTF is this?... He got ploughed through.. it wasn't close.. 1st punch landed KO'd him and he's trying to say anything other than, "I want revenge"...

I can't beleive all the overhype here about Cain. He was on queer street every time he gets tagged...Even Kongo dropped him twice ... who else has Kongo dropped, apart from Pat Barry.. really...who?..Anyone else loses their 1st defence like that and it is what it looked like... A guy pissing above his station. TKOing Sliva?.. Werdum out struck him.

Cain has 2 wins in the top 10... just 2
JDS has 4.

I mean no dissrespect to Cain. He's the challenger for a reason.

MMa fans are the only fans that think just cause somebody wins one fight he wins the rest easily against the same opponent. Boxing has proven this wrong so many times, yet mma fans still don't believe it. Sure, it didn't last long, but every fight is different. Cain Via dec.

Cain's best win is what? A pro wrestler? Give me a fucking break, he is going to get put down quicker than a lame horse...AGAIN.

JDS doesn't get it. He caught Cain early. Power punchers are at their best early in round 1, when their power is the most fresh and their opponents are cold, not warmed up yet.

That means this fight could be completely different. JDS didn't pick Cain apart and prove his stand up is miles better. JDS didn't stuff multiple (or even one real) takedowns proving that Cain's wrestling can't beat him.

He just took a couple of leg kicks, landing a body shot, and then landed a homerun punch.

That simply doesn't mean much. I know people don't like that and I've said this before and heard the flames before, but just wait and see. Even if JDS wins, it's not going to be the same.

This=win.

I agree with this

JDS may have BJJ and other stuff, but if all he does is box then he might as well be a boxer. I want to watch MMA not boxing. Cain may not use BJJ (like JDS) but at least he throws kicks and uses wrestling. More diverse and not so one dimensional.

JDS didn't stuff multiple (or even one real) takedowns proving that Cain's wrestling can't beat him.

"Fake" takedown from Cain :icon_lol::

16bd652.gif

Cain had one chance to take JDS down. It wasn't even a "real takedown". :wink:
JDS had one chance to knock out Cain... He got "lucky"... :cool:

Am I doing this right? :p

JDS may have BJJ and other stuff, but if all he does is box then he might as well be a boxer. I want to watch MMA not boxing. Cain may not use BJJ (like JDS) but at least he throws kicks and uses wrestling. More diverse and not so one dimensional.

Stop posting, you're embarrassing yourself.

16bd652.gif

I think you're in denial pal. I don't even like Cain, but you think that pitiful little footgrab, proves that JDS can defend Cain's takedowns? Does that even look like any takedown Cain has ever attempted before or since then?

JDS will knock him out in the first, again.

That's all.

I hope Cain evens the series to we can get pt 3. If not, he is jds's punching bag :(

God please no. Dont want HW became same joke as LW for long time. Edgar and his rematches were not good for that division. They werent bad fights but with each rematch the excitement factor for the fight goes down imo.

I think you're in denial pal. I don't even like Cain, but you think that pitiful little footgrab, proves that JDS can defend Cain's takedowns? Does that even look like any takedown Cain has ever attempted before or since then?

Didn't he take Bigfoot down after Bigfoot threw a kick and Cain grabbed it?

JDS kept his hips up, shoulders forward and pointing in the right direction he kept Cain to right. It wasn't Cain's best attempt, but you're selling JDS's defense too short here.

Cain's best win is what? A pro wrestler? Give me a fucking break, he is going to get put down quicker than a lame horse...AGAIN.

You could say the same for JDS whose best win is in Cain whose best win is a pro wrestler.

There is a reason HW is the weakest divison in the UFC.

You could say the same for JDS whose best win is in Cain whose best win is a pro wrestler.

There is a reason HW is the weakest divison in the UFC.

The heavyweight division is more stacked than the flyweight division.

16bd652.gif

"That does not count because JDS didn't kept his leg in a straight line, not fair, boo woo :("

Back