Junior Dos Santos - S&C Training

DatchGuy

White Belt
Reaction score
[YT]4cXy7IkM8qU[/YT]
Look at that DL form :p
notsrs

Looks pretty good to me actually (The whole routine). I've seen a lot worse; like Cains 80 rep leg extensions lol.

Copying this routine!!!!!1!!

edit: damn you Fighting Sprite!!

I swear the video of Dos Santos almost looks fake. Not that he's not lifting the weight but rather that he's just doing stuff for show. The split squats, deadlifts, and close grip bench all look pretty easy as if he's using an easy weight so he can do lots of reps for the camera.

edit: damn you Fighting Sprite!!

I swear the video of Dos Santos almost looks fake. Not that he's not lifting the weight but rather that he's just doing stuff for show. The split squats, deadlifts, and close grip bench all look pretty easy as if he's using an easy weight so he can do lots of reps for the camera.

I'd run out of breath just counting those!

That's the point.

[YT]4cXy7IkM8qU[/YT]
Look at that DL form :p
notsrs

Looks pretty good to me actually (The whole routine). I've seen a lot worse; like Cains 80 rep leg extensions lol.

Yeah, he'll never make it as a Powerlifter, the poor guy. Maybe he should try being a Fighter?:icon_chee

When you can't be a fighter yourself. When you can't have his skills, glory, money, women, house, swimming pool, tennis court, butler, caviar ... you can STILL make fun of his strength & conditioning program. Well, maybe not conditioning. And strength only if you're stronger than him.

Not bad. Id much rather see a fighter make a video with this exercise selection than some TRX routine

When you can't be a fighter yourself. When you can't have his skills, glory, money, women, house, swimming pool, tennis court, butler, caviar ... you can STILL make fun of his strength & conditioning program. Well, maybe not conditioning. And strength only if you're stronger than him.

Hmmm... are you suggesting that

(1) Whenever someone here sees a fighter doing a suboptimal S&C routine, the only reason they say that the routine is suboptimal is that they are jealous, or
(2) No fighter who puts up one of these videos really ever has a suboptimal routine, it's just that everyone here is so butthurt that they wrongly pick holes in what they see?

Because both of these seem preposterous.

I've noticed that you pop up with quite a lot of these bitter forum-bashing posts, and I don't really get it. If I recall, you've benefited from this forum to a reasonable extent. It seems like you don't want to join in or give back, or share with others who haven't benefited so much. Just bash. Why? What did the forum do to you? And is it really that fun?

And, FYI, personally I am not remotely jealous of any MMA fighter on the face of the earth. I earn more than enough money, and I'd rather help the governments of the poorest countries in the world then do MMA for a living. Generally I don't participate in these "let's bash the training of pro fighters" threads, but if I did, it wouldn't be out of jealousy. And I assume I am not the only person who is very happy with their life and wouldn't trade theirs for anyone else's. It is pretty offensive to, in effect, imply that the majority here would.

That's the point.

But then that would mean that there's no point to watching these videos since they give an inaccurate or incomplete idea of what a figher does for S&C. And then what!?!?!?! How will I program my lifting if I want to be like JDS?? /sarcasm

(1) Whenever someone here sees a fighter doing a suboptimal S&C routine, the only reason they say that the routine is suboptimal is that they are jealous, or
(2) No fighter who puts up one of these videos really ever has a suboptimal routine, it's just that everyone here is so butthurt that they wrongly pick holes in what they see?

I've noticed that you pop up with quite a lot of these bitter forum-bashing posts, and I don't really get it. If I recall, you've benefited from this forum to a reasonable extent. It seems like you don't want to join in or give back, or share with others who haven't benefited so much. Just bash. Why? What did the forum do to you? And is it really that fun?

And, FYI, personally I am not remotely jealous of any MMA fighter on the face of the earth. I earn more than enough money, and I'd rather help the governments of the poorest countries in the world then do MMA for a living. Generally I don't participate in these "let's bash the training of pro fighters" threads, but if I did, it wouldn't be out of jealousy. And I assume I am not the only person who is very happy with their life and wouldn't trade theirs for anyone else's. It is pretty offensive to, in effect, imply that the majority here would.

LOL, hit the nail on the head, Jaunty. I agree 100%.

Word.

Have you seen his woman?

Also, based off of that video, I am stronger than him but I'm sure that's not true since he outweighs me by 70 lbs

...So this video was just a random collection of the things he do...not a complete routine IT SEEMS, and you can never judge a routine without seeing it completely *imo*

The Butthurt is strong with this one.:rolleyes:

Back