Junior Dos Santos: "If Cain Velasquez Takes Me Down, You Guys Will See My BJJ"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome bump. His BJJ was non existent.

Actually, he hit the Noguiera deep half guard sweep on Velasquez during the beginning of the 2nd, but Cain reversed it, and then Junior stood up. He was focused on standing the entire time, which is why I dont think he utilized any BJJ.

Actually, he hit the Noguiera deep half guard sweep on Velasquez during the beginning of the 2nd, but Cain reversed it, and then Junior stood up. He was focused on standing the entire time, which is why I dont think he utilized any BJJ.

He hit the sweep.... unsuccessfully.

This thread is awfully quiet. Where did all those kids talking a big game go?

The JDS hype train has come to a end. I was hoping that Overeem would tool JDS first but Cain got him instead.

Cain kickboxing >>>>>>> JDS brawling

........................after fight translation, damn BJJ it doesn't work in the HW division guys are too strong and bulky, only in the well defined classes does it work OR if the opponent is dead tired. Wrestling here I come. :icon_chee .........................JDS should have used those flying kicks he does on some Sherdog threads.

His beltis so black he jus wanna stand back up like the ground is hot coz he feels sorry to use his jits to a human person...

But guys like big nog n mir on the other hand.......

The JDS hype train has come to a end. I was hoping that Overeem would tool JDS first but Cain got him instead.

Cain kickboxing >>>>>>> JDS brawling

What is this "hype" train that you refer to?

The guy was 9-0 in the UFC up until this fight and had knocked out the former champ in 64 seconds. Hype trains don't get derailed after 9 successful fights.

You make it sound like he's Houston Alexander after the Keith Jardine KO.

JDS must have thought the mat was covered in broken glass and lava.

Was hilarious to me that people thought he had a great ground game, just got his BB and people were saying "oh it's about time!!!!!!". All while having never seen him grapple...........

I like JDS, but damn I wish I had seen this article before i made my thread about JDS non existent ground game.

To be fair, in round 1, his explosions from side control was insane. Come on guys, give it up.

Was hilarious to me that people thought he had a great ground game, just got his BB and people were saying "oh it's about time!!!!!!". All while having never seen him grapple...........

His ground game was good until he got caught by that right hand. He got up everytime Cain took him down and Cain failed to take him down multiple times before the right hand.

I agree the JDS fanboys were all cheering about the world class BJJ that JDS supposedly had. Great times! Great times! :icon_lol:

What is this "hype" train that you refer to?

The guy was 9-0 in the UFC up until this fight and had knocked out the former champ in 64 seconds. Hype trains don't get derailed after 9 successful fights.

You make it sound like he's Houston Alexander after the Keith Jardine KO.

I saw a thread saying "If JDS Wins His Next 3 Fights He Is HW GOAT".. Just saying. His hype train as GOAT is definitely derailed right now lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back