Junior Dos Santos And Cain Velasquez Clear Up Any Excuses, Both Say They're 100%

doherty

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Cain-Velasquez-and-Junior-dos-Santos.jpg

Junior Dos Santos​

"Yeah I'm 100% in my case I'm 100% now and ready to fight, I've got no injuries and I'm feeling great, had an excellent camp in Brazil."​

Cain Velasquez​

"Yeah me too I'm 100%, no injuries so I'm thankful for that."​

Listen to full call...

JDS will probably have an undisclosed injury and still KO him. WAR JDS!

They'll wait til after the fight to make excuses.

Fight of the year candidate right here if it doesn't end early like the first fight. Cannot wait. I love both guys so its win win for me

Fight of the year candidate right here if it doesn't end early like the first fight. Cannot wait. I love both guys so its win win for me

Same here. Don't know about FOTY because it's HW and likely won't go the full 5 rounds, but I'm hoping it's a badass war and both guys have their moments. Picking Cain to win this time too.

Hopefully they really are 100%, but just because they said it, doesn't make it true. It's stupid for any fighter to say they are injured (or anything less than "100%") before a fight because:

1) To say you're not 100% hurts the marketability of the fight. Fans getting hyped up to watch a fight want to believe they are seeing the best version of each fighter going in.

2) To reveal any actual injuries you have could give your opponent either a mental or tactical advantage.

But AFTER the fight, the opposite becomes true. There becomes an incentive to discuss injuries a fighter had prior to the fight to excuse a loss and promote future marketability. This is why, for the most part, you can't fully trust fighters' public statements when talking about any pre-fight injuries (Tito 101)--either before or after.

I think it's pretty clear they have both cracked their skulls.

Tito would be proud.

The fight hasn't started yet. There's still time for someone to twist their ankle at the weigh-ins or tear their ACL getting out of a cab.

Back