June Challenge: 400M sprints for 1 Mile

Great challenge. This one may be the challenge I am most self conscious about...

because im pretty dense/muscular....its not common to find someone with that combo of strength/speed/endurance....unless ur an NFL running back.....when you bench 320 you sacrifice some endurance...and vice versa

Standard, is your entry in Sherdog's strongest current? That 285 on your bench seems low.

And I hate to think how much endurance you've had to give up to achieve it. :)

Standard, is your entry in Sherdog's strongest current? That 285 on your bench seems low.

yea it is low considering his weight...

I think Standard benches about as often as me. You know, every 6 months or so...

Im impressed with Alan's time, considering he's squatting over 400...

Standard, I think this guy should get to participate. He likes Guiness.

Actually, I think the rule is that you can pla, you just cant wear the conditioning belt. Proceed.

Sweet, thanks, I'll get going as soon as I can.

I suck at bench, and all but stopped working on it for awhile there. I'm working on it again so i'll see where it goes from there. Also that 285 was close grip

I think Standard benches about as often as me. You know, every 6 months or so...

Im impressed with Alan's time, considering he's squatting over 400...

Probably not right now I'm not. I squatted 405 when I keeping conditioning to a minimum and just focusing on strength. Now the the Rugby season is in full swing I don't think I could squat near 405

The only track around my area is surrounded by a fence. I think I'm going to jump the fence and do the challenge. If the police are called and question me, I'll just say, "Standard told me to!"

1st lap 0:57.39
rest 1:29.96
2nd lap 0:54.04
rest 1:31.14
3rd lap 1:02.81
rest 1:30.59
4th lap 1:09.72

Total 8.35.55

Minus 270 s rest (4.5 m)

Grand total of 4:05.55

I'm really happy with my 2nd lap b/c one of my goals for the summer was to break 55s for the 400m. I will get this under 4 min before the end of the month..

Probably not right now I'm not. I squatted 405 when I keeping conditioning to a minimum and just focusing on strength. Now the the Rugby season is in full swing I don't think I could squat near 405

Oh. Never mind the "impressed" part...

Good times so far, good work guys.

I nominate chatz for prop of the starting lineup of the first annual conditioning forum rugby game.

The only track around my area is surrounded by a fence. I think I'm going to jump the fence and do the challenge. If the police are called and question me, I'll just say, "Standard told me to!"

Why do i see myself getting called to court alot??

1st lap 0:57.39
rest 1:29.96
2nd lap 0:54.04
rest 1:31.14
3rd lap 1:02.81
rest 1:30.59
4th lap 1:09.72

Total 8.35.55

Minus 270 s rest (4.5 m)

Grand total of 4:05.55

I'm really happy with my 2nd lap b/c one of my goals for the summer was to break 55s for the 400m. I will get this under 4 min before the end of the month..

Oh you little shit. I'll have to do this again then.

*considers getting t shirts made up with the slogan 'standard made me do it'*

That would make my day, it would be worth the time in court for sure

Back