June 26th ESPN Lomachenko vs Nakatani Top Rank ESPN

Ward was way, way too smart to do anything reckless in the ring. He knew exactly what he was doing IMO.
Ward definitely knew what he was accidentally intentionally doing.

Yeah it's a ballsy move by Lomachenko. It's refreshing to see a fighter who isn't afraid to really test himself. It could backfire easily.

He's 33, just lost a huge fight and most people have lost faith in his abilities. The best thing he could do is take a risky fight and make a statement that he's still the guy to beat.

Most would take 3 warm up fights after that loss so i agree.

If Loma can't hurt Nakatani, then this is a tough fight for him. Wouldn't be that shocked at the upset.
Nakatani walked through everything Lopez had but was not taking shots from Verdejo as well.

If Loma can't hurt Nakatani, then this is a tough fight for him. Wouldn't be that shocked at the upset.
Nakatani walked through everything Lopez had but was not taking shots from Verdejo as well.

I trust Lomachenko's gas tank and resolve a lot more than Verdejo's, and I do think he can give Nakatani pause to the body, but this is a dangerous matchup to take coming off a loss. Has a bit of a feel of a trap fight, even if I still feel like Lomachenko is going to take this commandingly.

He's 33, just lost a huge fight and most people have lost faith in his abilities. The best thing he could do is take a risky fight and make a statement that he's still the guy to beat.

Most would take 3 warm up fights after that loss so i agree.
After Loma's last loss he got straight back with Gary Russell. He isn't built like that.

After Loma's last loss he got straight back with Gary Russell. He isn't built like that.

I know, and honestly he can't afford to be. There's no way of knowing when age will catch up to Loma and some think it already has, so he can't exactly take 2-3 warm up fights and then ask for a top guy (not that he's like that like you said).

Best thing Loma could do is dominate Nakatani and then immediately tell Arum "i don't care what it takes, get me any of the top 4". It's exactly what happened with Rigo. Rigo wouldn't stop pestering Loma on twitter for ages but Arum and Loma didn't want anything to do with him, until Loma said to Arum "make the fight".

Not saying it's all as easy as that but Loma is still Arum's favourite and if he shows the world he's still the best anything can happen.

Loma vs Tank is still an absolute dream matchup for me.

I know, and honestly he can't afford to be. There's no way of knowing when age will catch up to Loma and some think it already has, so he can't exactly take 2-3 warm up fights and then ask for a top guy (not that he's like that like you said).

Best thing Loma could do is dominate Nakatani and then immediately tell Arum "i don't care what it takes, get me any of the top 4". It's exactly what happened with Rigo. Rigo wouldn't stop pestering Loma on twitter for ages but Arum and Loma didn't want anything to do with him, until Loma said to Arum "make the fight".

Not saying it's all as easy as that but Loma is still Arum's favourite and if he shows the world he's still the best anything can happen.

Loma will need to be completely shot before Tank fights him.

I hope Lomachenko shows some urgency this time around.

Season, how about recognising Lomachenko's bravery in taking on a fight with a boxer whose length gave Lopez a lot of trouble in their fight ? What more after himself having a lot of trouble adapting to Lopez's greater size and power until too late in their fight? This is a clear demonstration that Lomachenko is as genuine a fighter as you get and not interested in padding his record but he wants to test himself and to beat true challenges and not to back away from fgts he can lose. It also signals his confidence that he has figured out Lopez and wants to demonstrate this by beating a fighter who Lopez had so much difficulty beating himself. Quite unlike many modern American boxers like mayweather Jr and his protege.

You correctly recognised that Lopez's power and attributes would give lomachenko problems but you alwaya run lomachemko down despite him giving up so much size and power and relying on his agility and technique it would be nice for you to be more objective where he is concerned but you seem to have it in for lomachemkp for some reason.

Mayweater Jr will not allow his protege to face lomachemko until it is clear that age has reduced him sufficiently to make such a fight a safer bet. This obsession with a clean slate and false correlation in the public eye between no losses and true greatness is harmful to boxing and antithetical to a true champion's character.

Season, how about recognising Lomachenko's bravery in taking on a fight with a boxer whose length gave Lopez a lot of trouble in their fight ? What more after himself having a lot of trouble adapting to Lopez's greater size and power until too late in their fight? This is a clear demonstration that Lomachenko is as genuine a fighter as you get and not interested in padding his record but he wants to test himself and to beat true challenges and not to back away from fgts he can lose. It also signals his confidence that he has figured out Lopez and wants to demonstrate this by beating a fighter who Lopez had so much difficulty beating himself. Quite unlike many modern American boxers like mayweather Jr and his protege.

You correctly recognised that Lopez's power and attributes would give lomachenko problems but you alwaya run lomachemko down despite him giving up so much size and power and relying on his agility and technique it would be nice for you to be more objective where he is concerned but you seem to have it in for lomachemkp for some reason.
If I were dissing Loma for taking the fight, I wouldn't say it was a tough fight.

Really interesting matchup. Loma won’t give Nakatani the space to punch or time to set his feet like Verdejo and Lopez did. He’ll be crowding him and turning him for as long as the fight lasts and Nakatani doesn’t have good enough feet to do a damn thing about it. But he’s tough as nails and has a sneaky good left hook, half uppercut from the waist like how Ryan Garcia throws it. That’s a shot that can give lefties problems. If Loma’s at his best I think he wins. If he’s at all diminished Nakatani by late stoppage is a real possibility

Back