Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do

Little Mac

GREAT SAIYAMAN!!!!
@purple
Reaction score
I recently Started Training in the Art of Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do and all I got to say is I really Like it... Ill admit Im purly a BJJ player but Im learining JFJKD for stand up Purposes and I got to say its pretty crazy stuff and most of the simpleness of it can be used for MMA so whats everyones opion of JKD????

I luv Jun Fan JKD. I've been doing it for many years at the Inosanto Academy and also with Ted Wong, Jerry Poteet.

What i don't like is how many people put different stuff together and call it JKD.

Here's Yori Nakamura (Jun Fan JKD instructor at Inosanto Academy) demonstrating some basic interceptions.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iJPnbf6wJ08

Where do you train at?

I luv Jun Fan JKD. I've been doing it for many years at the Inosanto Academy and also with Ted Wong, Jerry Poteet.

What i don't like is how many people put different stuff together and call it JKD.

Here's Yori Nakamura (Jun Fan JKD instructor at Inosanto Academy) demonstrating some basic interceptions.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iJPnbf6wJ08

Where do you train at?
im gonna start Training with Master Ed Galang I train with Ricardo Cavalcanti and Bebo Durate for Jiu Jitsu and MMA as well as John Wood with the MMA

there are so many branches of JKD so it's hard to say but the inosanto line is really legit and so are the sbg guys.

are there any really good JKD guys in Vegas cause Master Galang Seems Legit

JKD is a great system, very effective for the ring or the street. But there are a lot of fake masters out there that just take a mishmash of everything and call it JKD. It's best to go to the original source and read as much as you can in addition to your training. The only criticism I have is the fact that probably 80 percent of the techniques involve striking with your lead hand and leg. It's not well balanced in that way. What happens if you're out of position to use your lead weapons or one of them is hurt? But aside from that, no other criticism I can think of.

As Im Studing This Art Of Jun Fan JKD I relize some of the Interceptions are great for MMA Espically the Brawlers and Some of the counter Kicks work well against some of The MT And Kickboxing Low Kicks...

Back