Jump to guard?

Not trying to be rude or anything but how funny would it be if you had a vid of this.

Try to get a good grip..I like to get my under hooks in before I pull guard.

I attack takedowns and as they defend i pull guard.

If im just being lazy as soon as i get any kind of grip i just sit with a foot in the hip..

its fun

This is what happens when you pull guard on me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM3vfj-t8jM

You end up on your head.

you showed this video before and it still doesn't look like the guy slams his had due to pulling guard but because of how he lands as you take him down(which isn't a put down, it's jut to say that the landing could have happened simply out of a take down with out any shenanigan's before hand.). this is why people should "pull" guard, not "jump" to guard. i tend to pull the guy into my half guard rather than leap up into his arms and hope he falls down as a result.

I attack takedowns and as they defend i pull guard.

If im just being lazy as soon as i get any kind of grip i just sit with a foot in the hip..

its fun

If you attack with takedowns then I can see pulling guard with they defend (hey, it works for Big Nog).

But when people go straight to pull guard with a grip I just strip grips and leave them with their hands in the air and one foot on my hip. It's also fun. :icon_chee

We get new wrestlers into the club and they can learn to avoid the direct guard pull by the end of the first class. There's a reason it's almost unused in MMA, and becoming very rare in ADCC.

i had no idea you guys were so against developing effective wrestling takedowns, advancing position to mount, and having balls.

Pulling guard does not mean you don't have balls, and it does not mean you can't also develop effective wrestling takedowns, or learn to advance position to mount. Of course, I didn't know all of your takedowns landed you in mount, Alexander Karelin... Look at Ken Primola. He has excellent takedowns, but he also pulls guard when appropriate. It isn't an either-or situation!

Pulling guard is an important weapon in bjj tournaments. Galvao, Kron, the names go on and on who pull guard. I practiced takedowns before the Pan Ams and I did get one in my third match. The eventual champion was sitting to guard and traingeling everyone. So I countered his guard sit with a guard jump. He was very surprised. I got 2 advantage points for a close choke but he eventually passed and I lost 3-2.

Ironically in my two victories my submissions came from the guard. My plan was to go for the takedown and get points. A guard pull is like a jab or uppercut. If you are good at it they will have to respect you.

i had no idea you guys were so against developing effective wrestling takedowns, advancing position to mount, and having balls.

if you ask me, you give bad advice and are way too concerned with the size of other guy's testicles.

Back