July Conditioning Challenge - Burpee Run

Oblivian did you updated 50 burpee thread, is it still going?

I update it if I see a bump. If I did get behind, it's probably only 2-3 of the most recent times posted. So yes, it is still going and I don't plan on abandoning it.

I sort of do the same with these challenges. I don't update it every single time I see a post. I wait and do 4-5 at a time.

This sounds horrendous. I am not even sure I could just do the burpees alone...have fun with this one guys!

Alright, so looking up times for the 100 burpees contest the best times were a bit over 5 minutes. The world record for 5km (which is aproximately 3 miles) is just under 13 minutes. But obviously, you can't just add this together and get 18 minutes as the maximum possible time. I'll assume that for an elite athlete, they'll be a 5% drop in performance for the 3 mile time, and a 15% drop in performance for the burpee time. Which gives us 13.7 minutes for 3 miles, and 5.75 minutes for the burpees. So in conclusion, I suspect the best time for an elite (olympic caliber) athlete with a focus primarily on conditioning to be around 19.5 minutes.

Yea I dont really think someone will be able to do under 20. I mean, I was hauling ass and I barely did it under 24 minutes. I'm going to try again today and see if I can beat my time by a few seconds even.

40:44 today. Shaved off 7:35 from yesterday. Getting conditioned to the burpees makes a huge difference.

The burpees are key. You HAVE to be able to do 25 in a row without stopping if you want a good time. I found my "rest period" to be about 40 sec into my run when my heart rate settled back down to a constant pace.

Ya, when I said "impossible", I should have said that I highly doubt anyone on this site will be doing it. Not many people get in the 5-6 minute mark on 100 burpees, and most that do that do a large first set. I also don't think many people break the 18 minute mark on 3 miles. I don't know if anyone on this site can do a 15-16 minute 3 mile run, and I sure as hell doubt they can maintain that time while throwing in 100 burpees in 5 minutes.

I just mapped out a 1 mile loop near my house so I might try this on the weekend if the temperatures drop off a bit. My goal is to not die. I haven't done much conditioning lately so I'll probably be competing with scoopj.

ran the 3 miler in 25 minutes, still have to add the burpees now. My hats off to anyone completing this in under 30 minutes. Maybe ill work the sets of burpees this week and then try to combine them next week.

So I plucked up the courage to do this - felt pretty bad afterwards.

Total time - 27 minss 55 secs

25 burpees - straight off, no worries
1st mile - started at 6mph, quickly went up to 7.5 then 8mph for the last 1/3.
25 burpees - harder, but no breaks.
2nd mile - drop from 8mph id left the treadmill onto 7, upped 8mph within for last 2/3rds
25 burpees - hard work, and stalled on a couple of burpees.
3rd mile - cont @7mph for alot longer than I wanted to, upt to 8.7 @ about 1/2 way
25 burpees - took me about 1 min 45 for this last lot - I did 5, then 10 , then 5 then 5.

Fell over, and laid down for about 60 secs then dragged myself to a fan to cool down!

Cracking conditiong test, and I will try and do it again, could maybe do at the most 60 secs quicker. I did feel very comfortable on the runs, it was the burpees that fucked up my running. But then thats the idea!

Oh I managed to talk my mrs into massaging my legs for me tonight coz they are gonna be TIIIIIIGHT!

Im gonna try this on saturday

This might be the best conditioning test for anybody. No matter the background.

You know ill put this on workout every Saturday

incorporating both of them really made my shoulders hurt most of all when running.

Other than my lack of burpee conditioning, this was my biggest complaint. My shoulders were killing me on the runs.

Other than my lack of burpee conditioning, this was my biggest complaint. My shoulders were killing me on the runs.

Hmm.. my quads were burning during the jump portion of the burpee, shoulders were fine. Might have been because I squatted the day before though.

I tried it again and beat my time!

...by 4 seconds...

23:54

Leaderboard is updated. I was looking at my programming, and there is no way I'm trying it this month. I'm going for new 1RM's towards the end of the month and the beginning of next month, and I don't want to fuck that up.

Leaderboard is updated. I was looking at my programming, and there is no way I'm trying it this month. I'm going for new 1RM's towards the end of the month and the beginning of next month, and I don't want to fuck that up.

Sounds like a good idea to hold off. The competition came up at the perfect time since i'm about 2 weeks into my conditioning block.

You are going to be unpleasantly surprised.

I was first time I done them but I was doing including a pushup each one.. Its pretty good how effective the burpees are I now do them each morning my neighbours must thinkg whats he doing seeing my head pop over fence each morning (Cant do them indoors too tall and low ceilings)

Back