July Conditioning Challenge - Burpee Run

Way to set the bar Tosa. Not sure I can beat that; I'm thinking I'll be around 30-32 my first time but I have no idea how long it will take to do 25 burpees.

I think for me the issue wasn't how long it took to do the burpees, but rather catching my breath enough afterwards to run at a decent pace. I haven't really done any steady state cardio recently, but that's got to change. So maybe I'll try the challenge again at the end of the month, and see what what difference not slacking with steady state work does.

I don't do any anaerobic conditioning but do steady state cardio about 3x per week.

Haha, I would try this, but I have no chance maybe in a couple months I will try a similar challenge if one is posted again. I'm excited to see the results when the challenge results are posted.!!:D

Great challenge, I'll be hitting this next week I think.

Doing it after work. All of you are going down!!!!!

EDIT:

That was hell - almost puked it's about 90 outside.

23:58

Last edited:
Wow, you guys are beasts. Burpees are not for the feint of heart. 48:19.

*sloops out of thread*

EDIT:

That's a beastly time.

I managed 29:34

I'll try it again on a not-so-hungover stomach.

EDIT:

Awesome. Somehow I don't think I'll be able to beat that within a month.

Wow, you guys are beasts. Burpees are not for the feint of heart. 48:19.

*sloops out of thread*

will this make you rethink including anaerobic conditioning?

I'll do this tomorrow with three others to keep my mile time low. Shoot for under twenty.

I'll do this tomorrow with three others to keep my mile time low. Shoot for under twenty.

Under 20 is going to be damn near impossible. I can't imagine running 3 miles in 15 minutes in the same session of getting 100 burpees done in 5 minutes. Gary's time is pretty damn good.

I did not read the first twenty five burpees but still very doable to hit under twenty-one for sure.

37:07

My "mile" loop is actually 1.15 mi but that's not too big a deal; it's the burpees that kill towards the end.

You sub 30 min guys deserve huge props. 24 min?! That's just insane.

good lord you guys suck...I hate you all.

I'm shooting for under one hour, I suck at burpees but I can do about 10-11 minute mile for 3 miles straight. I think 10 minutes for each set of 25 burpees should be plenty of time.

40:44 today. Shaved off 7:35 from yesterday. Getting conditioned to the burpees makes a huge difference.

will this make you rethink including anaerobic conditioning?

It's not that I deliberately avoided it, just that I was content with my routine of mixing heavy lifting with cardio. Now that I see what I was missing I think I'll keep at it.

i have a time somewhere between 40 and 50 minutes- i gave up timing myself since I really hope to get this down to sub 30 minutes. I do burpees on a regular basis, and run LSD at least 2x per week, but incorporating both of them really made my shoulders hurt most of all when running.

but watching someone do burpees is pretty hilarious especially on a public road. i know this from the 4 cars that honked at me during this challenge and the fact someone walking a dog actually told me they were entertaining to watch.

Definitely a great challenge, though.

I did not read the first twenty five burpees but still very doable to hit under twenty-one for sure.

Were you able to try this today? 21 minutes even seems impossible. 100 burpees in 4 sets of 25 would be rough to get in 5 1/2 minutes. That would leave 15 1/2 minutes to run 3 miles.

Oblivian did you updated 50 burpee thread, is it still going?

Back