July Conditioning Challenge - Burpee Run

Oblivian

Aging
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Burpee Run
Complete 25 burpees, run 1 mile, complete 25 burpees, run 1 mile, complete 25 burpees, run 1 mile, complete 25 burpees

Total burpees = 100, Total run = 3 miles - Best time wins

-Treadmill, track, trail, etc. are all ok. Just make sure you are running full miles.
-No video needed obviously
-Burpees must be full pushup with jump
-Time starts when you start your first burpee and ends when you complete everything.

Leaderboard
1. Gary Peters - 23:54
2. Flameboy - 27:21
3. Tosa - 28:00
4. MM17 - 29:34
4. PimplePopper MD - 33:07
6. scoopj - 36:10
7. EddieLovesYou - 37:07
8. absolutez3ro - 46:45
9. bjjherrerra - 52:00

Last edited:
I'm in !

ps : Do you have any estimation of the time it take for an averagely conditionned guy ???

Too hard. Will there be a 50 burpee challenge or something similar?

I'm in !

ps : Do you have any estimation of the time it take for an averagely conditionned guy ???

Tough call. I'm going to go ahead and say something like 35 minutes. That gives you 25 minutes for the 3 miles and 10 minutes for the burpees. I figure both the run and the burpees will be slower than normal.

Too hard. Will there be a 50 burpee challenge or something similar?

I may not do the challenge either. If I do decide to do it, I need to have it programed so that it doesn't screw up my lifting. I want to have at least 2 days off afterwards.

These are ongoing challenges:
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f13/50-burpee-challenge-version-2-totals-old-thread-1139253/
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f13/100-burpee-challenge-version-3-totals-carried-over-1151403/

I can do the burpees easy the running is what gets me.

when I get some free time I'll try to do this

can I do this on a treadmill,to monitor how many miles i'm running?

can I do this on a treadmill,to monitor how many miles i'm running?

Yes - good call. I just updated the OP to say that you can use treadmill, track, trail, etc.

I'm in. I don't really have any burpee experience but they don't look too hard.

^ I felt a dark cloud looming over me as I was typing that. What did I just get myself into?

I am looking forward to this challenge since I read about it the first time.

Assuming that my running hasn't improved since highschool. 3 miles will take about 30-40 minutes, burpees no clue. Plus even running at night the temperature outdoors will be around 90. If I even get around to doing this I feel like I will have last place secured. I hate running. I do have the advantage of having a treadmill in the house though that I've never used in my life. It's my grandpa's and he kills it, runs a few miles per day in 20-30 min intervals. This may be a stupid question, but is there a rule against resting your hands on the tredmill console or on the rails?

thinking about getting in on this one. I would run the board walk 1 mile in one direction, 1 mile back, and 1 mile out again. This task doesn't seem too difficult actually. getting the time low is challenging.

I like the look of this one. Though it's unlikely I will be a top contender.

Maybe I'll give this a go. I'm curious to see how all the prowler work I've been doing recently carries over to other activities.

So I gave this a go. I managed 28 minutes.

Way to set the bar Tosa. Not sure I can beat that; I'm thinking I'll be around 30-32 my first time but I have no idea how long it will take to do 25 burpees.

Edit: Holy shit. It took me 2:17 to do 25 burpees. I started gassing around 12 or 13. Holy hell.

Last edited:
Back