Julio Cesar Chavez Jr feels weight is Arum's problem/responsibilty

At least he didn't injure anyone else and himself. You can't be hard on the guy for that unless he's a repeat offender. Perhaps he used alcohol to mask some serious issues within himself. The man did suffer from depression and often depression and alcohol is a horrible combination.

You're right... how could we not be grateful to JCC jr for not injuring someone else or himself? Shame on us.

I think people aren't quite giving Chavez Jr the credit he deserves for his 160lbs run. Zbik, Manfredo, Rubio and Lee is a pretty good run of victories, Rubio and Lee in particular and arguably better than anything Canelo had produced up until he faced Trout.

He's a somewhat repugnant, entitled, privileged brat and I suspect his eventual move to 168lbs is going to be a flop but there's not a vast amount of complain about at 160lbs.

I think people aren't quite giving Chavez Jr the credit he deserves for his 160lbs run. Zbik, Manfredo, Rubio and Lee is a pretty good run of victories, Rubio and Lee in particular and arguably better than anything Canelo had produced up until he faced Trout.

He's a somewhat repugnant, entitled, privileged brat and I suspect his eventual move to 168lbs is going to be a flop but there's not a vast amount of complain about at 160lbs.

I agree with pretty much everything.

If he can actually make weight, I would love to see him vs Froch, King AA, or even Kessler. Dunno if I would want to see a Ward fight ATM.

really ? who was the number one junier middleweight in 2012 then ? 'blown up' weltereight floyd mayweather ? and even if you didn't have trout as the number 1 , he was still better than zbik .

floyd was never really the #1 guy 154.

he only defeated Cotto at that weight ffs, that's it.

it was a close fight against an undefeated fighter . nothing wrong with that .

junior 's win over zbik was controversial and disputed by many people too, badlefthook scored it 116-112 for zbik . and zbik is no trout...

Lol you are really talking up Trout dude, & he really has not done all that much.

floyd was never really the #1 guy 154.

he only defeated Cotto at that weight ffs, that's it.

Cotto was a top guy at 154 and is also a better win than anyone on Canelo's resume at that time.

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=70040#ixzz2gAFQ2Qox
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Salvador Rodriguez

Former WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. saw no reason to further drain his body by making the super middleweight limit for Saturday's fight with Bryan Vera at the StubHub Center in Carson, California. The fight was orginally set for 163-pounds, but later raised to 165, and then 168 and earlier this week the contest was raised to 173-pounds when the Mexican star revealed that he was struggling to get down to 168.

Chavez said the one-year of inactivity, and the fact the Vera match is not a title fight, were two of the reasons as to why he didn't see the point of making the contract weight of 168.

'I believe that I am ready to fight, I am not interested in what anyone has said. We agreed on the weight and the most important thing is to win tomorrow. I am going to get stronger. I am a big fighter, although he is almost at my height. Weight is not going to make a difference in this fight, it is going to be my better boxing and training," Chavez said.

"I'm returning from a year of inactivity, that's why I agreed to fight at this weight. There was no reason to make 168-pounds. Working further to get down would have weakened me. I have really prepared myself for this fight. Vera likes to come forward and attack and that style suits me well. I'm going to show new things on Saturday. I have win this fight after one year out and a defeat, but I am young, I am 27 years old and I have a big future ahead."

-----

Wow, what a fuckwad.

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=70040#ixzz2gAFQ2Qox
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Salvador Rodriguez

Former WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. saw no reason to further drain his body by making the super middleweight limit for Saturday's fight with Bryan Vera at the StubHub Center in Carson, California. The fight was orginally set for 163-pounds, but later raised to 165, and then 168 and earlier this week the contest was raised to 173-pounds when the Mexican star revealed that he was struggling to get down to 168.

Chavez said the one-year of inactivity, and the fact the Vera match is not a title fight, were two of the reasons as to why he didn't see the point of making the contract weight of 168.

'I believe that I am ready to fight, I am not interested in what anyone has said. We agreed on the weight and the most important thing is to win tomorrow. I am going to get stronger. I am a big fighter, although he is almost at my height. Weight is not going to make a difference in this fight, it is going to be my better boxing and training," Chavez said.

"I'm returning from a year of inactivity, that's why I agreed to fight at this weight. There was no reason to make 168-pounds. Working further to get down would have weakened me. I have really prepared myself for this fight. Vera likes to come forward and attack and that style suits me well. I'm going to show new things on Saturday. I have win this fight after one year out and a defeat, but I am young, I am 27 years old and I have a big future ahead."

-----

Wow, what a fuckwad.

Hard work? Dedication?

That needs punctuation, I'm not sure I get what you mean. Chavez does come in overweight and balloon...

Cotto beat Yuri Foreman & Mayorga at 154...that ain't much
And Margarito.

Compared to anyone else at the weight it was. Yuri Foreman was top 5 or 6ish at the weight.

I've never heard a boxer saying he didn't see the point in making a contracted weight. At least make an excuse.

Back