Julio Cesar Chavez Jr feels weight is Arum's problem/responsibilty

busterwolf

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

This kid is crazy. You got to be kidding me? It is his promoters problem. Man he needs to get slapped upside his head!

He's a spoiled brat. I'll hand it to him, he fought his way to where he is today but he seems to think its up to eveyone else to keep him there.

he didnt have to scrape from nothing to get to hall of fame like his father did...it seems like now that he finally got some legit respect hes all ready to rest on his laurels,and it kinda sucks to see. Hes a grown man now and hes shown some shitty tendencies but i will still hope for better from him.

You guys are hard on Chavez Jr. He went through depression which seemed to be serious and some people cope with that by eating a lot and gaining a lot of weight. Taking shots to the head for a living can also contribute to depression so who knows where his depression stems from. Also, the pressure trying to live up to himself and his dad's name and everything that goes along with it can cause a great deal of pressure. He could just have sat on his ass and done nothing and had his dad just support him through life but at least Chavez Jr. is providing us with some great entertainment in a sport we love and no matter what you can't deny that he is an elite boxer that almost took out Sergio Martinez in the 12th round. Chavez Jr. in my eyes ranks higher than his countryman Canelo.

Last edited:
^ You're right getting a DUI the week of a fight is completely normal.

He's a spoiled brat. I'll hand it to him, he fought his way to where he is today but he seems to think its up to eveyone else to keep him there.

What good is it to work your ass off and to behave like a moron? Such a waste of talent though.

^ You're right getting a DUI the week of a fight is completely normal.

At least he didn't injure anyone else and himself. You can't be hard on the guy for that unless he's a repeat offender. Perhaps he used alcohol to mask some serious issues within himself. The man did suffer from depression and often depression and alcohol is a horrible combination.

im sure its tremendous pressure living up to a legend but its also a tremendous opputunity and he is squandering it

At least he didn't injure anyone else and himself. You can't be hard on the guy for that unless he's a repeat offender. Perhaps he used alcohol to mask some serious issues within himself. The man did suffer from depression and often depression and alcohol is a horrible combination.

:eek:

you ought to live someday and then get back to us lol

:icon_lol:

Perhaps, perhaps not. You can't just speculate and take it as a reason for his actions. Not everyone has to take the same path as Mayorga and De La Hoya.

in my eyes ranks higher than his countryman Canelo.

why is that ? at least canelo beat the best guy in his division ( trout ) and won a legitimate championship .

chavez was handed a belt by his godfather, not to mention that he struggled against a limited opponent he outweighed by 23 lbs to pick it up ( zbik ) .

the guy's sole accomplishment at elite level was wnning one round against martinez .

why is that ? at least canelo beat the best guy in his division ( trout ) and won a legitimate championship .

chavez was handed a belt by his godfather, not to mention that he struggled against a limited opponent he outweighed by 23 lbs to pick it up ( zbik ) .

the guy's sole accomplishment at elite level was wnning one round against martinez .

eh he did good against zbik i thought

he did enough to win , not good .

I agree with this.

I never like JCCJR too much honestly, thought he was a hype job because of his name sake. He's just a huge tough dude nothing spectacular, just IMO

canelo was handed a belt too, & he fought a 140 pounder to get it..at least chavez fought someone in his own division to get his belt.

& saying trout was #1 when canelo defeated him is very debatable, coming into that fight trout's only two relevant wins were over Delvin Rodriguez and Cotto...two blown up welterweights.

And even if you did consider Trout #1 when Canelo "beat him"...that fight was razor close! the scorecards were a disgrace & alot of fans thought Trout won.

then perhaps it is on him to seek the help he needs; rather than fuck things up around him. you know he is an adult now and has the means to get the help he needs. expecting everyone else to pick up his slack is not doing shit to address anything that may be going on in his head.

canelo was handed a belt too, & he fought a 140 pounder to get it..at least chavez fought someone in his own division to get his belt.
canelo was handed a belt, then went on to win a real championship on his own .chavez didn't .

& saying trout was #1 when canelo defeated him is very debatable, coming into that fight trout's only two relevant wins were over Delvin Rodriguez and Cotto...two blown up welterweights.
really ? who was the number one junier middleweight in 2012 then ? 'blown up' weltereight floyd mayweather ? and even if you didn't have trout as the number 1 , he was still better than zbik .

And even if you did consider Trout #1 when Canelo "beat him"...that fight was razor close! the scorecards were a disgrace & alot of fans thought Trout won.
it was a close fight against an undefeated fighter . nothing wrong with that .

junior 's win over zbik was controversial and disputed by many people too, badlefthook scored it 116-112 for zbik . and zbik is no trout...

Can't stand him

He is going to wash out completely as soon as he ages to the point where he can't cut weight easily.

Back