Julianna would have been such a better match up right now

How so?

What does it have to do with Ronda?

Juliana built her own platform with TUF, and her personality has grown a lot on people for good and bad. A lot of people hate her for similar reasons that hate Ronda.

I don't see why you would correlate it that way.

not you,, the thread..................

Why would Ronda duck her easiest possible fight? All Pena can do is grapple and Ronda is on a totally different level. Pena is a boring fighter who looks like a mix of a horse and a chinese boy.

How do you call Pena "just a grappler"? Are you kidding me? She fights like a wild cat throwing all types of combos of punches very wildly, and usually just tries to get on top to pound her opponent's face in.

Not sure where you got that idea of her being just a grappler and having that as a one dimensional style. Are you sure you are talking about the same person, because you had the physical description right. Lol! I'll give you that. <DrakeLaugh>

How do you call Pena "just a grappler"? Are you kidding me? She fights like a wild cat throwing all types of combos of punches very wildly, and usually just tries to get on top to pound her opponent's face in.

Not sure where you got that idea of her being just a grappler and having that as a one dimensional style. Are you sure you are talking about the same person, because you had the physical description right. Lol! I'll give you that. <DrakeLaugh>
She's boring and literally has worse striking than the likes of CM Punk and Mike Chiesa.

If Ronda could sell a fight with Bethe she could sell a fight with anyone. Pena vs Ronda would be a more compelling matchup in regards to the build up, but Nunes has the belt so that's the fight to make. Nunes vs Pena isn't even a PPV.

Well, I started the thread man. Lol!

Maybe you didn't see it, but I meant for Juliana to fight Rousey, not Nunes.

well ive been getting ready for this fight for days,,, dont ruin it for me!!!!! MY OPINION MATTERS.... lol and so does this scotch

A lot of us like her because she is a fire cracker in and outside of the cage.

She has a potty mouth, and can get some good pre fight hype going that gets the fans stirred up to either really want to see her beat up someone or to see her get killed. Ronda has a similar effect on people, but Juliana is a lot less known. But for people who do know a lot about Juliana, THEY KNOW. Lol!

I get that she hasn't fought that much, but that is mainly due to injuries. Every time she steps in she mauls people though, and beating the crap out of her last opponent (why can't I think if her name) was a great win. That was going to be a tough fight for both, and Juliana took it to her pretty easily which proved a lot. She isn't intimidated by Ronda at all like so many other opponents of Ronda and and we know that she'll scrap like hell when she gets in there.

Unless you just don't like her mouth, then I don't understand what is not to like? You don't think she fights with an exciting style?

Listen no disrespect, but you can't even remember Zingano's name so it kind of shows how much you follow this division. She didn't beat the crap out of Zingano she out wrestled her. Pena fights are not very exciting, and Cruz vs Garbrant should be evidence that a "potty mouth" does not mean you're good at promoting a fight. I honestly don't see her as being popular even on Sherdog

Well, I started the thread man. Lol!

Maybe you didn't see it, but I meant for Juliana to fight Rousey, not Nunes.

Juliana is not near the draw that Nunes is.. People will get what they want from this fight,, either Ronda gets ktfo or shes on the road to prove the last fight was a fluke

She is very similar to Nunes if you ask me. I think she'd be a really difficult fight for ROnda right after getting blown out by Holms.
Pena is Rondas easiest possible fight, 0/10 for trolling. She's one of the only people who has worse striking than Ronda.

Sorry guys, but maybe I wrote that in a confusing way.

I meant Juliana against Rousey.

Not against Nunes. Juliana is a lot more marketable than Nunes and would have been for this fight right now. I'm sure most people would agree with that.
It's simple; Rousey would never fight her unless she has a belt. She doesn't. So they wouldn't even be the main event on the last PPV card of the year; now they can fake they are headlining over Cruz-Federline because of the title. Imagine their cash cow losing a non title fight against a 3-0 fighter She wouldn't even fight Holly; an even more marketable fight because of getting wrecked against her. On top of that, it's the holiday season; Pena is probably hammered 24/7.

Juliana is not near the draw that Nunes is.. People will get what they want from this fight,, either Ronda gets ktfo or shes on the road to prove the last fight was a fluke

If Ronda wins people likely won't get what they want.

She will likely take a huge break for a while, and will cherry pick her next opponent very carefully probably. I don't think that the outcome will be good for the fans if she wins honestly.

And please tell me why you think that Nunes is more marketable? Juliana has just been injured a lot, but she does not have more interest other than from Brazil. Juliana's potential to become a female star is a lot bigger based on her English speaking alone.

Why don't you think so??

NOt trying to argue. I just really felt like Juliana would have created a lot more interest and intrigue in the same way that Conor's fights do because of the promotional stuff. Juliana is sort of a loud mouth, but she is exciting and fans know that she is capable of backing it up.
Because Pena is not champ.

Pena is Rondas easiest possible fight, 0/10 for trolling. She's one of the only people who has worse striking than Ronda.

How would that be trolling, when Pena is ranked in the top 5, and it was debated and considered for her to fight Nunes before Rousey for Nunes first title defense? <{MindBrown}>

Nice job for you to troll this thread idiot.

How would that be trolling, when Pena is ranked in the top 5, and it was debated and considered for her to fight Nunes before Rousey for Nunes first title defense? <{MindBrown}>

Nice job for you to troll this thread idiot.
It's about match ups, Pena has had such an easy road to the top 5, her only significant win is grossly out of shape Zingano coming off over a year lay off, and Pena STILL couldn't finish her.

If Ronda wins people likely won't get what they want.

She will likely take a huge break for a while, and will cherry pick her next opponent very carefully probably. I don't think that the outcome will be good for the fans if she wins honestly.

Half that want to see her fail for various reasons,, then theres the other half.. Either way people will watch.. The UFC will spin whatever happens to generate more $$$..

I thought you were advocating Rousey vs Pena .. in which case who cares if Ronda is champ.

I was. Ronda vs Juliana would be a much better match up right now. Juliana would create a lot more interest with the media. She is a great trash talker that doesn't think before she spews her thoughts.

Back