Julianna would have been such a better match up right now

Reddd

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I just don't get why the UFC didn't either put Juliana in a fight with Nunes before this fight hoping that she would beat Nunes to face Rousey or why the UFC didn't just make Rousey fight Juliana first.

Juliana is a lot more marketable, and since Rousey isn't talking to the media Juliana would have been entertaining the media for months. She'd be calling out Ronda left and right and giving the media headlines to run with while Ronda was hiding. There has been almost zero build up for this fight, and Nunes will simply never be marketable anywhere but in Brazil but barely even there because she isn't attractive. Juliana would really bring out the emotional side of Ronda I think and it would have made for a much better suspenseful match up. Oh well.

I really hope that Juliana and Rousey get matched up at some point. If Rousey wins, man I hope she sticks around and doesn't try to duck Juliana.

Why don't you think so??

NOt trying to argue. I just really felt like Juliana would have created a lot more interest and intrigue in the same way that Conor's fights do because of the promotional stuff. Juliana is sort of a loud mouth, but she is exciting and fans know that she is capable of backing it up.

I actually agree, Julianna has better size and more well rounded than Ronda

Ronda wants the title.

Youre crazy to think Ronda would take anything less than a title shot for her return fight. its just not happening

Juliana who? The cry baby horse face lay and pray girl from tuf is marketable? Uh i dont think so. Havent even seen her fight in years so i guess shes not very interesting

Why don't you think so??

NOt trying to argue. I just really felt like Juliana would have created a lot more interest and intrigue in the same way that Conor's fights do because of the promotional stuff. Juliana is sort of a loud mouth, but she is exciting and fans know that she is capable of backing it up.

Don't understand how people still find Pena marketable. She's had 3 years 4 fights, and an entire season of tuf under the UFC spotlight, and she's only really managed to become less popular. Plus Pena has nothing for Rousey. Nunes has a belt and a highlight reel to showcase how dangerous she is

I was with you, then just stopped.

Get real.

Sorry guys, but maybe I wrote that in a confusing way.

I meant Juliana against Rousey.

Not against Nunes. Juliana is a lot more marketable than Nunes and would have been for this fight right now. I'm sure most people would agree with that.

Ronda fights for titles and Nunes is the more dangerous opponent. Pena wouldn't last 30 seconds with Ronda. If Ronda wanted an easy fight she would have come back earlier and beat Miesha's ass again.

Sorry guys, but maybe I wrote that in a confusing way.

I meant Juliana against Rousey.

Not against Nunes. Juliana is a lot more marketable than Nunes and would have been for this fight right now. I'm sure most people would agree with that.

Ah, got'cha.

Don't understand how people still find Pena marketable. She's had 3 years 4 fights, and an entire season of tuf under the UFC spotlight, and she's only really managed to become less popular. Plus Pena has nothing for Rousey. Nunes has a belt and a highlight reel to showcase how dangerous she is

its just thinly veiled RR hate

A lot of us like her because she is a fire cracker in and outside of the cage.

She has a potty mouth, and can get some good pre fight hype going that gets the fans stirred up to either really want to see her beat up someone or to see her get killed. Ronda has a similar effect on people, but Juliana is a lot less known. But for people who do know a lot about Juliana, THEY KNOW. Lol!

I get that she hasn't fought that much, but that is mainly due to injuries. Every time she steps in she mauls people though, and beating the crap out of her last opponent (why can't I think if her name) was a great win. That was going to be a tough fight for both, and Juliana took it to her pretty easily which proved a lot. She isn't intimidated by Ronda at all like so many other opponents of Ronda and and we know that she'll scrap like hell when she gets in there.

Unless you just don't like her mouth, then I don't understand what is not to like? You don't think she fights with an exciting style?

My grand idea after Ronda got ktfo last year was for her comeback fight to be free on Fox vs Juliana Pena.

its just thinly veiled RR hate

How so?

What does it have to do with Ronda?

Juliana built her own platform with TUF, and her personality has grown a lot on people for good and bad. A lot of people hate her for similar reasons that hate Ronda.

I don't see why you would correlate it that way.

I just don't get why the UFC didn't either put Juliana in a fight with Nunes before this fight hoping that she would beat Nunes to face Rousey or why the UFC didn't just make Rousey fight Juliana first.

Juliana is a lot more marketable, and since Rousey isn't talking to the media Juliana would have been entertaining the media for months. She'd be calling out Ronda left and right and giving the media headlines to run with while Ronda was hiding. There has been almost zero build up for this fight, and Nunes will simply never be marketable anywhere but in Brazil but barely even there because she isn't attractive. Juliana would really bring out the emotional side of Ronda I think and it would have made for a much better suspenseful match up. Oh well.

I really hope that Juliana and Rousey get matched up at some point. If Rousey wins, man I hope she sticks around and doesn't try to duck Juliana.
Why would Ronda duck her easiest possible fight? All Pena can do is grapple and Ronda is on a totally different level. Pena is a boring fighter who looks like a mix of a horse and a chinese boy.

My grand idea after Ronda got ktfo last year was for her comeback fight to be free on Fox vs Juliana Pena.

<[analyzed}>
Yes!! That would have been it!!! This guy gets it from the UFC business standpoint, the fan's standpoint, and the new casuals that would get a load of Juliana.

Back