Julian "The Hawk" Jackson - Hardest Puncher In Boxing History

Man, he was fuckin scary. Mugabi obviously had plenty of God-given power but if you wanna teach a fighter how to throw KO punches, toss 'em some John Mugabi footage. Picture perfect punchers' technique.

Man, he was fuckin scary. Mugabi obviously had plenty of God-given power but if you wanna teach a fighter how to throw KO punches, toss 'em some John Mugabi footage. Picture perfect punchers' technique.

He really put Everything he had into his punches. The left hook in the HL shows his whole body behind it.

John Mugabi was a glass jawed can crusher.

John Mugabi was a glass jawed can crusher.

The ability to take a punch is hugely impacted by confidence. Mugabi never had any real problems with his chin until after the Hagler fight. Hagler hit Mugabi with every punch in the book and Mugabi didn't budge until very late in the fight. After that fight, Mugabi became chinny and I think a lot of that was mental.

I always felt that Mugabi got too much credit for the Hagler fight.

The ability to take a punch is hugely impacted by confidence. Mugabi never had any real problems with his chin until after the Hagler fight. Hagler hit Mugabi with every punch in the book and Mugabi didn't budge until very late in the fight. After that fight, Mugabi became chinny and I think a lot of that was mental.

just read a interview with Mugabi saying that after the Hagler fight he fell apart mentally and wasn't living "Clean" for a while. That the loss messed with him.

After the Hagler fight I felt disappointed for the first time in my entire career for having lost, not a fight, but a chance on the world championship, something I have always dreamed about. It was hard to take. I decided to go back home (to Uganda) for a while. I and Mickey (Duff) were not on good terms at that time and friends left me. I put on a lot weight, I was eating too much junk food without training and drinking and smoking heavily this wasn't good for me in nearly two years.*

http://www.livefight.com/news.php?news_id=2638&y=2013&m=03

One of the few murderous KO punchers who didn't put guys away with great athleticism. In Jackson's performances, there's a lot of slow plodding forward. There's no flash and he wasn't terribly explosive. Dude just knocks guys dead. Arthur Abraham is similar in that way.

Tried to post this earlier but my phone got stolen :icon_lol: ignore the shitty nu-metal

Makes sense. Hagler beat the living shit out of that poor lad.

Meh.I never really undestood why Mugabi was ranked so high. He did nothing to earn the Hagler fight. Don King still had some pull back then I guess. He never beat a significant opponent in his entire career.

if we are talking about today's scene, i think kudryashov might have some of the scariest power

i cant remember the opponents name (i think it was a romanian guy), but it sounded like gun shots when he was hitting his body. nasty

Meh.I never really undestood why Mugabi was ranked so high. He did nothing to earn the Hagler fight. Don King still had some pull back then I guess. He never beat a significant opponent in his entire career.

He had beaten a lot of ranked guys back then. The division wasn't particularly deep at the time though so even his best wins were no-named fighters with a good amount of skill and some clout in the division but ultimately went on to be journeymen. Frank Fletcher, James Green, Earl Hargrove, Curtis Ramsey, Gary Guiden. These were all USBA championship-level fighters but not nearly world-level. The only reason Mugabi was rated so highly is because he was blowing through those guys in less than a round, most of the time.

if we are talking about today's scene, i think kudryashov might have some of the scariest power

i cant remember the opponents name (i think it was a romanian guy), but it sounded like gun shots when he was hitting his body. nasty

He might be the heaviest puncher I've ever seen and I'm not kidding. George Foreman power packed into a cruiserweight.

Monsour has some real KO power.

And the HW Champion is also a nasty KO Puncher.

He might be the heaviest puncher I've ever seen and I'm not kidding. George Foreman power packed into a cruiserweight.

his last performance was a lil blah but yeah, dude is definitely a beast. one of my favorites today. i like how he has insane power but still uses good technique and defense. gonna be interesting to see how he does when he gets to some title fights.

not saying he has tyson or young foreman power but they way tommy threw his combinations just looked super explosive and violent as shit!

Man all the previous videos look to have murderous power but this guy his opponents look like they are throwing the fight,
He hits that hard ?

Man all the previous videos look to have murderous power but this guy his opponents look like they are throwing the fight,
He hits that hard ?

yeah, he hits that hard.

18 fights 18 wins 18 KO's

this is the fight i was talking about earlier, where the body shots were just sounding nasty as hell!

He hits that hard ?

He's so goddamn terrifying. The Palacios knockout is one of the scariest things I've ever seen. I really don't know how else to describe the guy. And like Sivo said, he's got that Eastern European amateur background so his defense is fantastic and his footwork is super solid. From what I've heard though, he was fairly undedicated as an amateur. Just kinda fought as a hobby.

Back