Julian "The Hawk" Jackson - Hardest Puncher In Boxing History

Genghis Con

The Conman
Reaction score
[YT]2emS52tdINY&lc=z12utdjhgkntdjcho04cffpxgvjmdxbxk3k[/YT]

Randall Bailey has similar one punch KO power.

Jackson and Hagler are my all time favorites... The Hawks highlight reel never gets old. And yes, Randall Bailey has some really nice KO's...Best pure puncher since Jackson.

I like Bailey, it seemed like he had a rock in his gloves the way guys would go flying

I like Bailey, it seemed like he had a rock in his gloves the way guys would go flying

Yeah, he didn't have quite the same level of wins vs top guys but his power is absurd. It doesn't even look like he's really putting his bod into the shots all the time.

Yeah.. he was really something.. You know somebody is a natural born killer when they have perfected the art of waiving people to sleep

One of the few murderous KO punchers who didn't put guys away with great athleticism. In Jackson's performances, there's a lot of slow plodding forward. There's no flash and he wasn't terribly explosive. Dude just knocks guys dead. Arthur Abraham is similar in that way.

I agree that prime Jackson had the most insane amount of hitting power but his handspeed is underrated. His handspeed had a lot to do with why he was so devastating. He was able to catch quick moving boxers like Terry Norris & Herol Graham early because his hands were pretty fast.

I agree that prime Jackson had the most insane amount of hitting power but his handspeed is underrated. His handspeed had a lot to do with why he was so devastating. He was able to catch quick moving boxers like Terry Norris & Herol Graham early because his hands were pretty fast.

Timing often negates speed and Jackson had incredible timing. The Graham KO is the perfect piece of evidence for that.

Eh....There's a lot of guys that had sick power... I respect a guys overall talent. Why were all of his losses KOs?

An often revisited topic on this forum, and the consensus is always that Jackson had elite, concucussive power but was not an elite boxer.

Eh....There's a lot of guys that had sick power... I respect a guys overall talent. Why were all of his losses KOs?

Because he never accepted defeat while he was still concious?

Jacksons only real loss before getting a detached retina and starting to lose his reflexes was to Mike McCallum. He lost to McClellan who was simply a bigger, younger guy and who was probably hungrier at the time. No shame on getting KO'ed by McClellan as he was a murderous puncher also. Jackson was shot to bits when he was KO'ed by Taylor and Phillips.

Julian's combination of a shaky chin and murderous one punch power always made his fights exciting. When he short-circuited the Terry Norris nervous system, that was one of my favorites.

Because McCallum and Mclellan were pretty good punchers too. Half of his losses came vs those two. The rest came after years of fighting in wars towards the end of his career.

Because McCallum and Mclellan were pretty good punchers too. Half of his losses came vs those two. The rest came after years of fighting in wars towards the end of his career.

The hawk had serious power. I'm with you, losses don't come into the discussion. Randall Bailey sparks people and he isn't what I'd call elite.

Randall Bailey has similar one punch KO power.

Wow haven't seen him before. What power, all the energy is transmitted to the opponent. I guess that is why it doesn't look like he is forcing it. It was the same with Jackson.

Thanks for that HL!

a beast for sure.

and poor bomber graham...could never win that major title

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back