Julian Assange on hacking Trump's tax returns: 'We're working on it'

Haven't they already been released? I remember reading that he was arrested for sex that was consensual, but the police called it "sex by surprise" so everyone rolled their eyes and agreed it was a contrived charge for Americans to get their hands on him.

I am not sure actually, I think some of it has been released. It is a strange case indeed but he should go and answers those allegations. I think the issue is that he messed with the condom sort of forcing the woman to have unprotected sex. Also this is just my personal opinion but it says a lot about a guy when he has sex with his two assistants. Nothing illegal but it does have a certain taste to it having sex with your subordinate at work.
I dont think the Swedish police would make that stuff up to please the Americans. Considering Assange doesn't really matter if it weren't him someone else would do the same thing.

I was more trying to point out the guy has hos own secrets but pretends to be some kind of icon for justice.

Good luck. Trumps tax schedule would be so complex I doubt most people could even comprehend what they were looking at.

Since all of the candidates personal information should be brought to light, shouldn't we ask to see Hillary Clinton's medical records?

Reporters asked Ron Paul to release his medical records during the 2012 presidential primary. Hillary Clinton has had severe head trauma, and may have had a seizure on camera. If Hillary Clinton wants the American people to trust her with the job of president, the American people need to be able to trust that she is healthy and fit for the job.
You want her to release her medical records?
Surely you can't be serious.

You want her to release her medical records?
Surely you can't be serious.
If it was a fair request to make to Congressman Ron Paul, why is it an unfair request to make of Secretary Hillary Clinton?

Are you saying this isn't pertinent information? She suffered severe head trauma in the past.

I am a bit curious about this, as if I remember correctly (could be wrong), one of the reasons Clinton used to step down as Secretary of State was her health. She had a blood clot which was found during an examination due to her fainting from dehydration and a viral ailment. Then she was 100% health afterwards. :p

I don't recall well, either, but these say she was clear about intending to do only 1 term long before she actually did step down.

http://www.tucsonsentinel.com/natio...ama/hillary-clinton-quit-if-obama-re-elected/
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...illary-Clinton-will-step-down-after-2012.html

If it was a fair request to make to Congressman Ron Paul, why is it an unfair request to make of Secretary Hillary Clinton?

Are you saying this isn't pertinent information? She suffered severe head trauma in the past.
No one should be forced to make their personal medical records public. That's just retarded.

I don't recall well, either, but these say she was clear about intending to do only 1 term long before she actually did step down.

http://www.tucsonsentinel.com/natio...ama/hillary-clinton-quit-if-obama-re-elected/
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...illary-Clinton-will-step-down-after-2012.html
Ah okay, that's right. Seemed like a political move, even before taking the job. She can add having served one term as Secretary of State under her resume, while having the last 4 years to prepare for the presidential race.

I always thought Assange and Maher look a little bit a like.

Go ahead, but I'm not sure what the point would be. The only thing that would have any impact would be if a candidate calling for higher taxes turned out to cheat on his own. For a guy who wants lower taxes, nobody is really going to care if he had a few more deductions and paid a little less.

Go ahead, but I'm not sure what the point would be. The only thing that would have any impact would be if a candidate calling for higher taxes turned out to cheat on his own. For a guy who wants lower taxes, nobody is really going to care if he had a few more deductions and paid a little less.

Like Bernie getting his 200k income down to the 19% tax bracket somehow?

Like Bernie getting his 200k income down to the 19% tax bracket somehow?
The deductions left Sanders and his wife paying $27,653 in federal income taxes in 2014, on a joint income of $205,271 — an effective federal tax rate of 13.5 percent

That is a good example of the hypocrisy of yet another politician saying "raise taxes, just not mine". Almost everybody who bitches about "fair share" means for everyone else. I've never heard of a single one of these pricks ever overpaying in taxes, and have heard a ton of them getting breaks and underpaying.

That is a good example of the hypocrisy of yet another politician saying "raise taxes, just not mine". Almost everybody who bitches about "fair share" means for everyone else. I've never heard of a single one of these pricks ever overpaying in taxes, and have heard a ton of them getting breaks and underpaying.

And some of these bozos are already loaded, too. So, it's kinda like "Okay, I've already accumulated as much money as I'll ever need, so NOW, you can go ahead and raise the tax rates." Or they're just extremely wealthy already, so a hike won't hurt them like it will the middle class.

Speaking of the middle class, Obama said Obamacare would lower taxes on a family of 4 by $2500/year. In reality, most people are paying AT LEAST $2500/year more ($5000/year swing from what was promised). That hurts.

No one should be forced to make their personal medical records public. That's just retarded.

In fairness, this doesn't make much sense when you are talking about a critical employment decision that the records may be relevant to.

If you are going to hire an airline pilot, the employer/prospective employer needs to know, and has a right to know, any medical conditions that may impinge on the pilot's ability to perform at a reasonable standard.

Given that the public is deciding whether to elect somebody to a position far more important than an average airline pilot, I have little compunction about saying that any serious medical conditions should certainly be disclosed. It is frankly an atrocious breach of public trust for a presidential candidate not to disclose health issues that may pose a significant threat to their performance.

Similarly, tax statements must be disclosed. If you are running for President, I think you need to have no real expectation of personal privacy about most ordinarily private matters unless it has zero conceivable relation to your job performance.

For me, Trump's refusal to disclose his tax statements is a straight-up DQ, setting aside everything else. You just can't keep your financial affairs private if you are asking to be chosen by the people as the leader of the world's most powerful nation.

Anyone think that announcing there will be a Hillary wikileak dump is just to give the any non-trump supporters a chance pre-empt everything with a bunch of Trump disclosures? I would bet there is an unholy amount of garbage on trump that for one reason or another people didn't disclose. Not lying stuff, but serious scum bag sociopath stuff.

In fairness, this doesn't make much sense when you are talking about a critical employment decision that the records may be relevant to.

If you are going to hire an airline pilot, the employer/prospective employer needs to know, and has a right to know, any medical conditions that may impinge on the pilot's ability to perform at a reasonable standard.

Given that the public is deciding whether to elect somebody to a position far more important than an average airline pilot, I have little compunction about saying that any serious medical conditions should certainly be disclosed. It is frankly an atrocious breach of public trust for a presidential candidate not to disclose health issues that may pose a significant threat to their performance.

Similarly, tax statements must be disclosed. If you are running for President, I think you need to have no real expectation of personal privacy about most ordinarily private matters unless it has zero conceivable relation to your job performance.

For me, Trump's refusal to disclose his tax statements is a straight-up DQ, setting aside everything else. You just can't keep your financial affairs private if you are asking to be chosen by the people as the leader of the world's most powerful nation.

Good post. I would say that if I thought he had better policy ideas, his refusal to disclose tax statements would make me uneasy but wouldn't be a disqualifier. I would agree that independent health examinations should be performed on candidates.

No, I am not in favor of the hackers.

The ends do not justify the means.

And for all the power they wield, they are even less transparent than politicians and others in power.

So no, I'm not going to assume an unchecked power doesn't have an agenda, and hope they have my best interests at heart

Anyone think that announcing there will be a Hillary wikileak dump is just to give the any non-trump supporters a chance pre-empt everything with a bunch of Trump disclosures? I would bet there is an unholy amount of garbage on trump that for one reason or another people didn't disclose. Not lying stuff, but serious scum bag sociopath stuff.
I doubt that. Wikileaks already jumped at the chance to interfere with the democratic convention and has already said they will damage Clinton's campaign again at some future strategic moment. Seems pretty one-sided, so unless somebody outbids the Russians, wikileaks is their bitch for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
No, I am not in favor of the hackers.

The ends do not justify the means.

And for all the power they wield, they are even less transparent than politicians and others in power.

So no, I'm not going to assume an unchecked power doesn't have an agenda, and hope they have my best interests at heart

Yeah, reading this thread, I keep thinking that Nixon must be looking up on today's America with envy. If only he'd thought to use the "transparency" argument and/or outsourced his dirty work, he'd be a hero to today's ethically challenged Americans.

Haven't they already been released? I remember reading that he was arrested for sex that was consensual, but the police called it "sex by surprise" so everyone rolled their eyes and agreed it was a contrived charge for Americans to get their hands on him.

Yeah, it's not like Sweden has had a sky-high rape rate for years before anyone cared who Julian Assange is because of their extremely broad definitions of rape. It's the big bad American boogeyman, that's always the easiest explanation.

Back