News Julia Budd signs with PFL fights Kaitlin Young 27th Oct

Good for her …

I think is smart for Bellator to let her walk … expensive, doesn’t sell (Headlined Thackerville shows only, aside from the cyborg fight) she was never going to beat cyborg and in her last fight she got a gift from the judges

I think Bellator has a decent pitch if they're willing to outpay UFC. We know the UFC is cheap, has no w145 division and she'll probably never be a big enough draw to make PPV money. But if the prestige of being a UFC fighter is what she wants she'll get it.
I have a feeling ufc might cancel the 145 division when Amanda decide to retire

I have a feeling ufc might cancel the 145 division when Amanda decide to retire
If Kayla doesn't make the jump to the UFC I agree. I think the Leah Letson/Felicia Spencer fight being booked for 145 is a hint that UFC is interested and will make Kayla an offer. Otherwise I think she'd either stay in PFL or Bellator offer her Julia Budd money to try to get her services.

We'll see how this all plays out. All I know is that I hope Kayla isn't with PFL next year so Kayla/Cyborg or Kayla/Amanda can be made.

If Kayla doesn't make the jump to the UFC I agree. I think the Leah Letson/Felicia Spencer fight being booked for 145 is a hint that UFC is interested and will make Kayla an offer. Otherwise I think she'd either stay in PFL or Bellator offer her Julia Budd money to try to get her services.

We'll see how this all plays out. All I know is that I hope Kayla isn't with PFL next year so Kayla/Cyborg or Kayla/Amanda can be made.
I would not entirely agree. So far the UFC has been letting the 145ers fight out their contracts and not re-sign them. They let Megan fight for a belt on the last fight on her contract. They never do that. This is the last fight on Felicia's contract without even having conversations of re-signing her yet. Chances are this is her last UFC fight unless they sign Kayla and they need someone to fight her.

I would not entirely agree. So far the UFC has been letting the 145ers fight out their contracts and not re-sign them. They let Megan fight for a belt on the last fight on her contract. They never do that. This is the last fight on Felicia's contract without even having conversations of re-signing her yet. Chances are this is her last UFC fight unless they sign Kayla and they need someone to fight her.
Has Megan just retired from fighting? I can't imagine she goes back to Invicta and Bellator is the only promotion with a Women's FW division.

I guess she might be waiting for Kayla situation to unfold in the PFL and join there to fight at LW if Kayla stays or FW if she goes

Has Megan just retired from fighting? I can't imagine she goes back to Invicta and Bellator is the only promotion with a Women's FW division.

I guess she might be waiting for Kayla situation to unfold in the PFL and join there to fight at LW if Kayla stays or FW if she goes

She signed somewhere but the info has not come out yet.

I really hope it's MMA and not some dumb shit like Bare knuckle boxing. But you got to follow the money so understood if she takes the Bareknuckle money
Wouldn't surprise me if it was PFL. They've been snatching up girls who could fight at 155 left right and center.

Back