Juicing

gomiplata**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Do you guys do it? And if so? What do you put in it and what machine do you use?

We have one in our cafe, but I never use it, and it's rare to have somebody order a drink made from it.

Juice has like nutrition of 1 fruit and the calories of like 3 fruits

Hope I don't get banned for this...

Why does sending a piece of fruit through a juicer eliminate it's nutritional value? Can the same be said for putting fruit in a blender with a protein shake

Most juicers I've seen strain it as well. Thus removing the fiber and what not.

I thought the exact same thing...

3rded.
To the topic at hand, I found that if u want juice but dont have a juicer, u can use a blender. Cut up the fruit/vegetables, blend them well, and strain out the chunks and viola. I realize this isnt as good as an actual juicer, but it gets the job done.

I heard the benefit gain was like a trade off: what you lose from the strain, like pulp and such, you get back from nutrients garnered from the husk/rind/peel/outside, that you normally wouldn't eat. This is to say, of course, if you are putting the WHOLE fruit in. A friend of mine has a juicer, and he runs apples, oranges, potatoes, and carrots in his for his "super drink" all damn day. Anyways, that's just what I had heard, don't own one myself.

I heard the benefit gain was like a trade off: what you lose from the strain, like pulp and such, you get back from nutrients garnered from the husk/rind/peel/outside, that you normally wouldn't eat. This is to say, of course, if you are putting the WHOLE fruit in. A friend of mine has a juicer, and he runs apples, oranges, potatoes, and carrots in his for his "super drink" all damn day. Anyways, that's just what I had heard, don't own one myself.

potatoes? Lol are you sure? Who drinks potato juice! eww.

hahahahaha, I opened this afraid that someone was going to get flamed to no end, but this thread is turning out really funny.

I swear, seen him do it, and I even tried it. After juiced, it's like thick milk or butter-milk. If you put the ingredients in there one at a time, the drink become slayered, with the different colours. I guess it makes it look better than it will taste. I think he might have been just being silly, I am not sure if he still does the potatoes, but he lives by that juicer of his.

Back