Judo Workout, PHASE 3, Brown to Black

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bubble Boy said:
Eh, sorry, still feeling sick. Maaaaayyyyybbbbeeee Sunday...maybe...

Went to work today and we dug ditches ALL DAY LONG, which actually seemed to move the cold through a bit. I coughed up a lot of green goobers today. Yay?

Nasty hateful chest cold. Bkah. Pooopy. Blah.
sunday this week is not likely for me gotta go to dinner w my gf
ill be in tuesady night for judo

12-30-2006

2 days

Feeling better today.

Conditioning

60 minute hike, with hills, carrying a 35 lb log on my shoulders.
Coughed up a some good ones when done, but it felt like the hike cleared out the last of the sickness.

Strength

Bench Press: 225 x 1 (PR), then 5 sets of 135 x 8 (shoulder is sore).
Also did about 30 minutes of shoulder presses, tricep exts, etc.

Yes! So going into 2007 my big three pr's are all at 225 lbs. Deadlift x5, so I'm thinking that 315 is a reasonable quest for this coming year. My squat was for a single rep, and it was UGLY. So...I'll get to where I'm comfortable with 225 before shooting for more.
Today's bench for 225 was amazingly easy, so I'm thinking I can start working toward bench days that don't drop below 200 lbs. Maybe by summer.

Hey Hans, I'm gonna' try to talk Eric into an hour on Sunday, so we may be there if your plans change.

Starting January 1st, I really want to start working on my grappling and cardio for the February State Tournament. Lot's of rolling...

Bubble Boy said:
12-30-2006

2 days

Feeling better today.

Conditioning

60 minute hike, with hills, carrying a 35 lb log on my shoulders.
Coughed up a some good ones when done, but it felt like the hike cleared out the last of the sickness.

Strength

Bench Press: 225 x 1 (PR), then 5 sets of 135 x 8 (shoulder is sore).
Also did about 30 minutes of shoulder presses, tricep exts, etc.

Yes! So going into 2007 my big three pr's are all at 225 lbs. Deadlift x5, so I'm thinking that 315 is a reasonable quest for this coming year. My squat was for a single rep, and it was UGLY. So...I'll get to where I'm comfortable with 225 before shooting for more.
Today's bench for 225 was amazingly easy, so I'm thinking I can start working toward bench days that don't drop below 200 lbs. Maybe by summer.

Hey Hans, I'm gonna' try to talk Eric into an hour on Sunday, so we may be there if your plans change.

Starting January 1st, I really want to start working on my grappling and cardio for the February State Tournament. Lot's of rolling...

I'll be there on Tuesday.... can't do tonight I have to go to Flag

New Year's Eve

Tomorrow I shall be mancredible...

Strongman Circuit

With a 20 lb weighted vest on did 4 circuits of:

25 sledgehammer swings (10 pounder)
12 swings with a 30 lb cinder block (horse stance, swinging between legs and up over head)
Wheel barrow push (filled with rocks, with hllls. Maybe a 150 yards?)
30 end over end log rolls (120 lb log)

Whoo! ^^^^That was a tough circuit^^^^ I kind of lumbered through it, walking exhausted from station to station. I suppose a New Years goal would be to do 5 circuits, fast, running from station to station.

Ordean said:
I'll be there on Tuesday.... can't do tonight I have to go to Flag

I had completely forgetted that Sunday was New Years when I was posting that I'd be there. My bad. I'll be doing the wifey New Years thing also. See you Tues dude.
Hey... You wanna' do the February AZ State Tourney too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back