Judo Workout, PHASE 3, Brown to Black

Status
Not open for further replies.
01-25-2006

Run

Did a 20 minute run through the ghetto (I was in Phoenix today at a seminar) and then finished with 10 minutes of running the stairs in the 4 story building the class was in. Need to start doing longer runs.

Long runs (anyhow you get your randori cardio doing randori) to burn down fat
Explosive power for the "enter" part of techniques, look for the truck tire for calves, everything starts from calves springing
Bag "enter" training the way we talked about, you get the feeling and the power (muscles)

so you loose fat and gain power (muscles)

Bubble Boy said:
01-25-2006

Run

Did a 20 minute run through the ghetto (I was in Phoenix today at a seminar) and then finished with 10 minutes of running the stairs in the 4 story building the class was in. Need to start doing longer runs.

Did you Run or get chased? :D

01-26-2006

Wrestlers Warm-up

5 x pushups, situps, jumping jacks, mountain climbers up to 15 x each.

Ordean, I suprisingly didn't see any scary people on my run. But honestly, the pollution and smog was pretty bad. I could actually taste the grime in my mouth after the run. I don't know how people live in that shit day in day out.

01-28-2006

Work Related Workout

I think I'm gonna' start including these days. Up until now I've excluded these days as "real" workouts, but when I workout in the gym or something after days like these, I end up over doing it. So, today:

3 hours of trail building. This included: vigorous hiking while pushing a wheel barrow, digging holes through rock shelves with a pick, driving t-bars with the sledge "Bertha", and moving large rocks around.

01-29-2006

Run + Circuit Training
35 minute cross country jog with a big hill climb in the middle. Straight to:
5 reps of Bicep curls, tricep extensions, trap rows, and situps. Up to 15 reps each. I also did some pushups, jumping jacks, and a couple other things thrown in. The circuit training took another 35 minutes or so.

and about long runs? less fun?

registered said:
and about long runs? less fun?

Oh yes. I'm going to add a long slow hour (or more) run once a week for now.
I just got word tonight that the Arizona State Judo Tournament is February 18th. So, to prepare for that I'm going to do something like the following each week:

-Long run, 1 hour+.
-Circuit training like described above (situps, pushups, dumbells, etc, but maybe up to an hour).
-Hills run. Hard hills for 30 minutes to an hour.
-Weight room circuit. Lighter weights, higher reps. Wide Variety.
-Cross country run with hills, sprints, and slow parts. 30 minutes to an hour.

Plus judo 3 x a week.

Also, of course I'll slow things way down the week before the event.

After the tournament I'll switch to lots of long slow runs, and strength training in the weight room...until the next tournament (I think in July), at which point it'll be back to the stuff like above for the month leading up to the event.

It's also pretty much no beer (rats!) from here to the Feb tourney, and a strict diet (seriously boys). I want to get to around 165 - 169lbs.

I'll be posting bf% and weight from now to the tourney.

If I start now, I'll peak just right for the State event.

01-30-2006

Long Run

1 hour cross-country jog. Slow and easy, mostly flat.
How's that coach (Reg that's you...)?

Bubble Boy said:
I just got word tonight that the Arizona State Judo Tournament is February 18th. So, to prepare for that I'm going to do something like the following each week:

-Long run, 1 hour+.
-Circuit training like described above (situps, pushups, dumbells, etc, but maybe up to an hour).
-Hills run. Hard hills for 30 minutes to an hour.
-Weight room circuit. Lighter weights, higher reps. Wide Variety.
-Cross country run with hills, sprints, and slow parts. 30 minutes to an hour.

Plus judo 3 x a week.

Also, of course I'll slow things way down the week before the event.

Also, what do you guys think of this ^^^^^
How do you guys train about 20 days out from an event?

if you keep your heart beat in the fat burning zone that should be for you around 125-140 bpm the longer the better, you will have to sweat, be able to talk but not too much .... it's OK
migration mode vs run for your life mode:D

don't forget the magic soup (the one even the kids can do), you won't believe the way you will slim, no fat, no carbs, just minerals and fibers, feel full and happy

01-31-2006

JUDO

Myself, CroCop Matt (finally got his green belt last week), Randy. Supposed to be the first night of our college course but not enough people signed up (we needed 10), so the class got canned by the college. Damn! Next semester we're going to promote it big time with newspaper articles, flyers, and a demonstration at the college itself.

Anyway...
Tonight we worked on standing armbars. By that I mean Ude Garami, Ude Gatame, Waki Gatame, and a few others that can be done standing. It felt very Aikido-ish (I'm a 3 kyu in Aikido). Randy said he gets them in competition just because nobody ever sees them anymore and very few train to defend them. Interesting...I've never seen a standing armbar in any competition (not counting flying juji gatame).

We switched to about 15 minutes of grip work and grip breaking. Some really interesting stuff.

We spent some time after that working on the one step judo stuff. CroCop Matt has a wicked scary tai otoshi. I'm settling in to this: if the guy pulls: kata guruma, pushes: tai otoshi, moves to his right: tai otoshi, to his left sode tsuri komi goshi or some goshi thing. Move, throw, move, throw, move, throw...

Ordean, thanks for stopping by with the key and getting copies made dude. See ya Thursday if your knee is better.

registered said:
migration mode vs run for your life mode

Good way to put it. That makes evolutionary sense.

when you go "migration mode" visualise the one you want to be, lean - mean - sexy ... it should help, if you can try to breath deep low-middle-high using ALL of your lungs, if you feel some tingling thing along your spine it is just fine it is working, once you get this tingling feeling don't let it go out, make it go up and down your spine .... tell me later :)

BTW can you fell Sakurab-ish? I've eard that for grappling it is a good feeling :)

02-02-2006

RUN

35 minute trail run with a steep hill in the middle. I've been sickish the past week and still coughing up green gobs. My upper lungs actually ache, and I can't seem to get a deep breath while going cardio. Hope it clears up by the tournament. A decent run though.

JUDO

Great class. Really a lot of fun. Myself, Ordean, CroCop Matt, and Goofy Eric. The instructor couldn't make it so we turned on the radio and worked on uchikomi, then moved to some throws. Maybe about and hour or so. Pretty light, but steady.

Then we did round robin newaza (I guess that's what you call it. One guy stays in until he's gone against everybody, then the next guy in against everybody, etc. So all in all we each got to roll 6 times!

What's really cool is that we're all pretty much at the same level. Makes it a lot of fun. Ordean, really nice leg lock stuff during that one roll. You transitioned from one to the next to next and had me on the run. CroCop Matt is a beast eh? Fast, strong, and good technique. Scary.

Coach Reg said:
BTW can you fell Sakurab-ish? I've eard that for grappling it is a good feeling

This is interesting. What do you mean, like visualizing myself as Sakuraba while rolling?

And the tingling spine...are you talking Kundalini energy? I haven't been into that stuff for a while, but maybe it's time to go that direction again...

02-03-2005

RUN

48 minute trail run with 2 monster hills. Better do an upper body day tomorrow, my legs are shot. Still goobering up throat snot on anything cardio, lungs hurting.

so rest a bit if not you only get worse, do some strechtching, taichi
green stuff means infection

training lower your immune system defences, so infections can get worse

be wise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back