Judo vs Tai-Chi Master (so fake)

well, the level of insanity of these people believing in super powers is what you should be impressed by... you look at the video and the taiji man was still trying to grapple the LL dude on the ground, probably thinking, "ok I got this headlock tight"... Flavio was playing the other guy was there to prove something...I do think theres some valuable stuff to that could be learnt in taiji, grappling isnt one of them...
Super powers?

Well I think another part of it is that when something is going to be televised like this, filmed in an Asian society, you don't want to look like the complete dick who goes nuts and brutalizes some old man. So you just kind of putz around half-assedly and then make some respectful comments. Otherwise you will basically make an ass of yourself in a society that won't forgive. It's a dog and pony show, and all the participants know it.

What happens when you don't play by the respectful dog and pony show rules? Witness the criticism this guy got for this hilarious conflict.

[YT]bxb0PCBV0vk[/YT]

This is amazing. That guy did not hold back. Old man got owned.

havent you ever asked what does it matter if someone has a better "chi" than the other one? are taichi masters throwing chi balls at each other now?

I have made pretty much every joke you can think of.

Usually involving telekinesis, telepathy, teleportation, clairvoyance, chi balls, seeing through walls, lasers, the matrix, stopping bullets using chi, exploding all their blood vessels using chi, the big bang being caused by a kung fu master using his extreme chi, yoda using chi in star wars, switching from coal powered fire stations in Beijing to chi powered fire stations to reduce smog etc

When I'm bored on the train I try to spend that time fruitfully by thinking of new material.

I have made pretty much every joke you can think of.

Usually involving telekinesis, telepathy, teleportation, clairvoyance, chi balls, seeing through walls, lasers, the matrix, stopping bullets using chi, exploding all their blood vessels using chi, the big bang being caused by a kung fu master using his extreme chi, yoda using chi in star wars, switching from coal powered fire stations in Beijing to chi powered fire stations to reduce smog etc

When I'm bored on the train I try to spend that time fruitfully by thinking of new material.
You sir, are a god among men :icon_lol:

You sir, are a god among men :icon_lol:

Its nice to get appreciation for all those hours of hard work.

It started of with me just trying to take the wind out of the sales of my colleague who thinks her tai chi master could destroy anyone from any other martial art. She tells me his daily words of wisdom which sound like they have come straight out of jerry springer.

Most ancient civilizations had more primitive religious views or mythologies and that doesn't mean they aren't useful as a part of history, also kinetic energy is as real as getting hit in the nuts.

Back