Judo - still the only Grappling style that works against multiple attackers

Like I sayd before, 90% of people in the streets cant punch for shit, doesnt have any experience and more often than not will freeze in a combat situation. Any Martial art training will help you in a 2v1 situation.
Ps: just because someone trains BJJ or wtv, it doesnt mean they wont throw punches instead of double legging.

i will like you to go to a rugby match, 90% of those guys don’t train, you think they can’t throw a punch? Dude...

Not if you spent your entire life rolling on the floor against just one guy and barely trained a throw/takedown.
He is ignorant of this area of grappling. Forgive him, its not his fault he knows not what he does.
Who the hell Trians grappling with multiple opponents who isn’t doing aikido crap?

The most frustrating aspect of this argument is that it is easily testable, in a relatively safe environment. Rope some white belts into working with you, or other similarly self defense minded folk, and find out. Film it, post a video.

We did a day at the gym where we all agreed to wear street clothes (stuff we didnt care about, obvs) to test grips on normal clothing. It was fun to dick around with stupid grips, but also answered some questions for a lot of folks in a practical manner.

Theory crafting is such a waste of time when you can literally test it for yourself. I see responses of "its too dangerous i might get accidentally punched too hard" or "yea well im only a yellow belt i couldnt pull it off yet"...which begs the question, if you cant pull it off with your relatively peaceable friends, how the hell are you going to pull it off against some angry boys?

I think we can all agree striking would be a big part of facing multiple guys most of the time.

Yes by all means test it out as much as u can in sparring. It is messy but you get answers.

A good throw or sweep on concrete could finish a fight.

Vs 2 opponents there are situations where u can potentially win without striking. But of course most would still strike anyway as well.

Vs 3 or more you need to add at least some hard slaps or open palm strikes.

A strong Judo footsweep game in particular could be a huge boost against multiple opponents even your relying primarily on striking.

"What if you kick and one guy catches your leg". Kicking is also not ideal against more than one guy.

There are many scenarios that could happen but footsweeps in particular and to a lesser extent throws could definately add to a well rounded multiple attacker defence situation.

Last edited:
The average untrained guy can throw a punch that can do some damage.
Most people in this thread seem to think the average gang of ruffians walking up the street attacking Judo practitioners all look like McLovin.

Go down to your local night club and pick a fight with 3 untrained 6'0 - 6'6 guys and see how your elite Judo training helps you when one is stomping your nads into mush and another is using your head like a bongo.

Nothing "works" against multiple opponents. You might have a higher chance of survival if you are trained in boxing or judo, but it is incredibly unpredictable, and the odds are excellent that you'll get cracked from something you didn't see coming and severely injured. I'm not sure how good an idea it is to train for false security in a situation that you should never, ever be in - your goal is to escape, as fast as possible.

Many years of Judo and more grappling since then, but now in the context of fighting with strikes not just rolling around doing 'brazilian yoga' lol.

Yes, it is very possible to throw or sweep a guy with two or more people swinging at you.

But I guess you wouldnt know that since you start every 'match' on your ass or with a guy between your legs....
funny how a guy like you whos a complete beginner thinks he can tell actual black belts here anything about grappling if thats not narcism idk what is

TS needs to stop watching you tube videos and actually go train Judo.
While Judo is really good for its tachiwaza (sparring for takedown).
There is a major problem which is ingrained due to their sport rules.
The judoka would just go flat as a pancake when he fails a takedow or when he refuses to continue in newaza.
That habit could get you in serious problem in a street fight.
exactly lol wrestling would be the best in a street fight throws can fuck you up anything you have to turn your back to someone iv seen many guys do this and end up getting elbowed to back of the head ect. just single and double legging guys work fine

funny how a guy like you whos a complete beginner thinks he can tell actual black belts here anything about grappling if thats not narcism idk what is

Lol at mr sherdog blackbelt with a 2017 account. Stop playing tekken.

Narcissm is a BJJ guy (presumably as they tend to get the most butt hurt by Judo showing effectiveness) thinking he can talk to a Judoka about throws and takedowns. I dont care if any sport BJJ bb's are bitching becaue they never trained enough standing grappling so want to devalue its worth.
Go train more GJJ at least.

Or even worse thinking your little rollling game is enough to work if someone throws you on your head on a wooden floor.

I never got my blackbelt in Judo but I wasnt far off and I have trained with blackbelts and done well enough to know I can hold my own.
In fact I have contemplated resuming Judo just to get could probably do it in about 2 years but I feel it is still a bit limited nowadays.
Since then I have trained other arts to complement it so I know enough as well as adding plenty of catch and modified Judo ('BJJ') submissions and most importantly strikes.

If you think Judo footsweeps have no role against multiple attackers your an idiot or plain ignorant. Go back to doing your rolling berimbindo techniques. I'll stick to what has practical value.

Last edited:
The average untrained guy can throw a punch that can do some damage.
Most people in this thread seem to think the average gang of ruffians walking up the street attacking Judo practitioners all look like McLovin.

Go down to your local night club and pick a fight with 3 untrained 6'0 - 6'6 guys and see how your elite Judo training helps you when one is stomping your nads into mush and another is using your head like a bongo.

I did that. Even BJJ works. Judo works. Shaolin works.

It's well documented throughout the forums. Unlike your street fighting lmao.
200.webp

It's well documented throughout the forums.
You are a real master of disguise. Competing for decades without giving any hint of fight experience. I bet you need to be extra careful to come across as knowing nothing.

You are a real master of disguise. Competing for decades without giving any hint of fight experience. I bet you need to be extra careful to come across as knowing nothing.

I'm not gunna run through my entire career everytime some rando on the internet questions it. I've listed it enough times in other threads. I couldn't careless if you question it lmao. Street fighting is fucking dumb and no doubt for you to get attacked by so many guys with weapons you're dumb as fuck too.

So jog on keyboard hero.

I'm not gunna run through my entire career everytime some rando on the internet questions it. I've listed it enough times in other threads. I couldn't careless if you question it lmao. Street fighting is fucking dumb and no doubt for you to get attacked by so many guys with weapons you're dumb as fuck too.
Don't cry. Just keep pretending.

Back