Judo kids in a BJJ tournament part 6

Very nice, congratulations. You must be very proud

It seems your kids have been training for a lot of time, i love good judo and i love a good newaza and bjj.

Thanks! They been working hard for NAGA next month.

Hopefully you can post video of that, I'm looking forward to seeing it,

Looks like some solid grapplers. The instructor also has an interesting background as well. Primarily judo, but cross-trained heavily in bjj (in Brazil, and even under Rickson in the US) to improve his ground game. And it shows in the kids. They look equally skilled on the feet and on the ground.

These kids look good, those throws right to side control really set the tone of the match!

I always love these videos. Campos is awesome.

oh they cross train with sub wrestling/bjj though. The video made me wonder what judo school was teaching anacondas and peruvian neckties.

That kid with the long hair has some serious skills. Cool stuff

oh they cross train with sub wrestling/bjj though. The video made me wonder what judo school was teaching anacondas and peruvian neckties.

That kid with the long hair has some serious skills. Cool stuff

Judo in Cuba and Brazil have very good newaza, when you have very good newaza you basically have 80-90% of traditional BJJ game learned, the thing that its left is to learn certain moves which is easy when you already master biomechanics and positional grappling.

Thank you guys, I am currently training with an amazing BJJ black belt and MMA fighter, Daniel Wanderley. If you are in the Chicagoland area or North west Indiana, you are more than welcome to stop by my school this Saturday to our open house.
We are also planing to have Daniel coming over for a seminar by the end of this month. This guy has a ton of experience! I'll keep you guys posted!
yes, cross train BJJ with Judo!

Great vid!

Ref was sleeping in that first match and could have gotten a kid seriously hurt, that kinda sh!t pisses me off.

Back