'Judo Jim' Wallhead finally makes UFC debut in Hamburg

Who wins?

• Total voters

TCE

"That's fucking illegal"
Pink Belt
Reaction score
"Judo" Jim Wallhead is finally getting a shot in the UFC.

Wallhead (29-9) will replace Emil Meek versus Jessin Ayari (15-3) at UFC Fight Night Hamburg on Sept. 3, the promotion announced Wednesday.

The British veteran, who made his MMA debut in 2005, has won his last four fights in a row. He's competed for BAMMA, Cage Warriors, KSW and Bellator, among other promotions, and holds notable wins over Che Mills, Frank Trigg, Joey Villasenor andMatt Veach. Wallhead is a member of the famed London Shootfighters team.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/7/2...ssin-ayari-booked-for-ufc-fight-night-hamburg

Hmm never really thought he was UFC material but we'll see

good for him honestly. I've seen some of his fights and he usually brings it, best of luck to him in the UFC

ayari is a joke... but wallhead is not a killer either... this is not a high caliber MMA fight between two of the best fighters ...

Never heard of them but I'm voting for judo Jim since he has a cool nick name

I didn't expect to ever see this. It's a winnable fight for him too.

I made a thread about it awhile ago and its finally happening. "Judo" Jim Wallhead has signed with the UFC and will be debuting on the Hamburg, Germany fight card. Wallhead is one tough Brit and I feel like he has the potential to be a big star for the UK market. Anyone else excited for his debut?

upload_2016-7-27_15-29-32.png

Notable wins: Joey Villasenor, Frank Trigg, Matt Veach, Che Mills.

I made a thread about it awhile ago and its finally happening. "Judo" Jim Wallhead has signed with the UFC and will be debuting on the Hamburg, Germany fight card. Wallhead is one tough Brit and I feel like he has the potential to be a big star for the UK market. Anyone else excited for his debut?

View attachment 123843
He's got the tattoos to be a solid UFC fighter.

What happened to Meek?

Meek pulled out because he didn't want to risk failure due to a drug test before or after the fight.

He took supplements before signing with the UFC and being involved with USADA, and didn't know if that would come up. He's still signed and will fight at a later date.

He will win this fight and maybe a second and then when he steps up he will lose his next 3 and get cut. He beat Trigg at the end of his career.

Interesting. I lost track of him after the Rick Hawn fight a few years ago.

Back