Judo Era in MMA/UFC

In fact, one of the things that remains with me from those weeks and months is how much I was told to stop trying to do sambo when rolling (because I kept trying to do what I thought of as sambo) and to just do judo, that the opportunity to do sambo specific stuff will happen on their own. And it did.

ama
gegard_mousasi_remco_pardoel_fedor_emelianenko_540.jpg

4.gif
amazing picture, I didn't know they were all friends.

I'm not sure what you're attempting to demonstrate other than Judo A point level tournaments being searchable and sambo not.

If he really medaled in high level Sport Sambo tournament why is it not listed in his CW, not even his wikipage says anything about it, while his top national judo merits are listed?

Without getting into the details of the old Soviet sport ranking system, Sportsman, Master of Sport and International Master of Sport and their various classes were and are awarded for various champion ships. Fedor received his Master of Sport in sambo after some of his international competition medals you liated, which is Rooskie for having won a National level title, so he was entering and winning high level sambo and judo competitions at the same time, in his 20s, which is not at all unusual.

But Fedor is Master of Sports and international master of sport in judo as well, not sure whether his master of sport in Sambo or "self-defence" as he called it in a interview is related to combat sambo though?

What I said regarding sambo and judo being considered pretty much the same thing in training is more or less common knowledge if you've trained in Russia and all the former Soviet States. I was made aware of this when working in Uzbekistan. When training with various national judo squad members in Tashkent. I wanted to do sambo and was told in no uncertain terms that it's all the same thing except for when it's time to train for specific competitions. From what I experienced, it's more or less true.

Alright, lets assume this is true, why then classify Fedors MMA base as "Sambo" rather than "judo" then?

And what about Putin that all medias including the man himself is classifyied as a judoka rather than a Sambist? I know there is some national pride in Russia related to Sambo, but even president Putin is clear that he is doing judo and not sambo even if he did some swapping between them when very young.

Back