1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Judging tonight was terrible throughout

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Goatbib, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Goatbib Banned Banned

First Gravely winning a split? How can somebody in the right frame of their mind give it to Frietas? I nearly had a heart attack because I had money on Gravely.

Then Mckenna won because she was on top for like 45 secs in the third while handily losing the rest of the round? i had money on her so I guess I was happy but still felt bad for Hansen.

After that, RDA won a split, like wtf? At best you can give 1 round to Felder, okay 2 if you were really biased but 3? I mean it is scary to think RDA could have lost that fight.

Just rubbish judging all together. I would be mega pissed if I had lost money.

Redfish, BjPenn2017, BLIND and 10 others like this.
  2. MEAN357 Pernell Whitaker belt

Inb4 Felder 1, 3, 4

3. Bubzeh Silver Belt

Agreed.

The WMMA decision and main event was scored terribly by one judge at least. Can’t happen at this level. Something needs to change.

4. Post 2 Decision Gold Belt

I skipped the fight but lost money on Hansen, don't know how bad it was but sounds bad

Judges need to be held accountable

5. eatu4tea Orange Belt

Hansen clearly won 29-28 IMO and the round she lost was close. I think McKenna was gifted the decision as I saw her last fight in the Contender Series and she looked awfully average. She is the golden child of Urijah Faber though so I assumed Dana gave her a contract as a favour to Faber?

6. fortheo Titanium Belt

The judges gave hanson round three. They gave mckenna rounds one and two, probably because she landed like 50 more strikes than hansen in those rounds. Hansen had slightly more control time in those two rounds, but was eating strikes while doing nothing with her "control"

7. sonhow Silver Belt

<TrumpWrong1>
    upload_2020-11-15_14-46-58.png

The most significant strike in the first round by far was the knee which lead to Hansen ending the round in dominant position. That position alone should have been enough for her to get the round since strikes landed was basically dead even.

Goatbib, Ares Black and TimberGhost like this.
  8. EndlessCritic Steel Belt

I bet Gravely but you have no idea what you're talking about.

The only thing Gravely had was top control. De Freitas was threatening submissions the whole time and according to Fightmetric, De Freitas outlanded Gravely every round in significant strikes. (Freitas also outlanded Gravely total strikes in round 2 and 3).

http://ufcstats.com/fight-details/9e4dcac049327529

30-27 De Freitas would not have been a terrible scorecard.

Zelig likes this.
  9. PunchKicker Banned Banned

Makes you wonder why the UFC is always pushing the gambling aspect and then to have such shitty judging. Its almost like the UFC wants to make the odds very aware to the casuals watching, so they can place a bet only to have the judges score some of these fights vastly wrong. No way Felder won 3 rounds, and then the other judges give it 50-45 to RDA.

These little fuck ups by the judges can cost people a lot of money. We've seen high ups in the NBA go to prison over gambling (ref effecting the game), so to act like that kind of corruption doesn't happen in the UFC is very naive. Remember, we talking about Dana who has no problem dropping 1 million on a black jack game.

sonhow and BLIND like this.
  10. Fahcough Silver Belt

They should quit point fight training and focus more on finishes. Judges had the Khaos fight correct.

11. EndlessCritic Steel Belt

All three judges gave Hansen round 3. All three judges gave Mckenna rounds 1-2. What an atrociously scored fight.

[​IMG]

svmr_db, sonhow and TimberGhost like this.
  12. TheGrouch Shoulda died already

Agree. This bullshit has to stop.

13. markys00 Silver Belt

I'm pretty sure most of the ppl in these threads completely forget the new judging system exists. I know the judges suck, but the new scoring system basically allows them to score how they want.

For all those here who were happy when the new judging system was announced, well, I told u so??. It's a nightmare allowing for judges to have more power

14. Zelig Blue Belt

I don't understand how Gravely scored points. So avoiding striking and submissions by clinging to your opponent with the strength of a thousand NO explode servings means you're winning a fist fight? 10 point must is wack, no damage inflicted for 2 rounds then nearly finished in the 3rd.. why does he deserve to have a W on his record? The fact that it ruined my parlay is irrelevant.

15. Austin1923 White Belt

I just rewatched round one. I have absolutely no idea how anyone could score it for McKenna. Did the judges not see Hansen's knee connecting with McKenna's face with 50 seconds left in the round? That was, by far, the most significant strike of the round, and resulted in Hansen taking McKenna's back.

16. Austin1923 White Belt

And just LOL at one judge scoring the main event for Felder. Scoring that stupid doesn't even deserve analysis.