Reaction score
Here's a Judging system I recommend:

The fight game can be broken down into 2 components:
1) Damage
  • unsignificant strike (a) =1.1
  • significant strike (b) =2
  • Very significant strike (c) = 3
  • knockdown but not Rocked (d) = 5
  • Rocked (e) = 10 (can include being knocked down)
(rocked means closed to being finished)

2) Positional control
  • clinch control (f) = 1
  • full guard (g) = 2
  • half guard (h) = 3
  • past guard (i) = 4
  • back control (j) = 5
  • full mount (k) = 6
  • back mount (l) = 7
(these points are awared/minute)

These are the varying degrees of each components from least dangerous to most dangerous.
Each of these degrees has an associated constant

Positional control is multiplied with Time.
Damage is multiplied with Quantity of strikes.

Therefore, the score to a round is this:

Damage = (# unsignificant strikes ) * 1.1+ (# significant strikes) * 2 + (# very sig strikes) *3 + (# of knockdowns) *5 + (# of almost finishing strikes) * 10

Positional Control = (Clinch Control time) * 1+ (full guard time) *2 + (half guard time) *3+ (past guard time) *4+ (back control time) *5+ (full mount time) *6+ (back mount time)*7

Fighter Score in Round = Damage + Positional Control

(time= time in that position/ minute) => 30 seconds in full mount means (1/2)*6 = 3 points
.... but you can still score more points on top of that by landing damage... the positional control gives you a small boost in your point total though.

This formula makes it so that damage is the number 1 component, and that positional control still gets you points, even if you dont do anything.... but not that much. 30 seconds of full mount and litterally doing no damage is equivalent to landing one very significant strike (3 points)

Last edited:
Good effort but You got too many dishonest enablers of the current shitty judging system that will ignore any ideas on improving it here on this forum, sadly. The day that they stop being fanboys and care about integrity in the sport, things will change. Until then, don’t expect anything to be done about it without massive public outcry and media speaking up on the inconsistencies more.

Judges can barely add 10 to 9 and you’re asking them to do calculus.

MM fans are so salty they're doing math out here lol

I guess I'll be the guy to point out that this system is flawed because all significant strikes, ground positions, knockdowns etc. aren't created equal and adhering to a formula like this means either A)judges have to determine the severity of strikes and the significance of control positions themselves in which case we're back where we started anyways or B) we're going to have just as many fighters get robbed due to the formula giving wins to people who don't deserve it

Judges can barely add 10 to 9 and you’re asking them to do calculus.

with this formula all you need is the fight metric guys to plug in the numbers that they recorded and you get the winner of each round.

This makes it so that judging is based on facts and stats and not someones opinion. There's still some subjective calls as one my score a significant strike as a Very significant strike, but a few of these small errors wont effect the outcome.

rewatch the dj-cejudo fight and try to accurately assess and score all that in real time.

Here's a Judging system I recommend:

The fight game can be broken down into 2 components:
1) Damage
  • unsignificant strike (a) =1.1
  • significant strike (b) =2
  • Very significant strike (c) = 3
  • knockdown but not Rocked (d) = 5
  • Rocked (e) = 10 (can include being knocked down)
(rocked means closed to being finished)

2) Positional control
  • clinch control (f) = 1
  • full guard (g) = 2
  • half guard (h) = 3
  • past guard (i) = 4
  • back control (j) = 5
  • full mount (k) = 6
  • back mount (l) = 7
(these points are awared/minute)

These are the varying degrees of each components from least dangerous to most dangerous.
Each of these degrees has an associated constant

Positional control is multiplied with Time.
Damage is multiplied with Quantity of strikes.

Therefore, the score to a round is this:

Damage = (# unsignificant strikes ) * 1.1+ (# significant strikes) * 2 + (# very sig strikes) *3 + (# of knockdowns) *5 + (# of almost finishing strikes) * 10

Positional Control = (Clinch Control time) * 1+ (full guard time) *2 + (half guard time) *3+ (past guard time) *4+ (back control time) *5+ (full mount time) *6+ (back mount time)*7

Fighter Score in Round = Damage + Positional Control

(time= time in that position/ minute) => 30 seconds in full mount means (1/2)*6 = 3 points
.... but you can still score more points on top of that by landing damage... the positional control gives you a small boost in your point total though.

This formula makes it so that damage is the number 1 component, and that positional control still gets you points, even if you dont do anything.... but not that much. 30 seconds of full mount and litterally doing no damage is equivalent to landing one very significant strike (3 points)

giphy.gif

MM fans are so salty they're doing math out here lol

I guess I'll be the guy to point out that this system is flawed because all significant strikes, ground positions, knockdowns etc. aren't created equal and adhering to a formula like this means either A)judges have to determine the severity of strikes and the significance of control positions themselves in which case we're back where we started anyways or B) we're going to have just as many fighters get robbed due to the formula giving wins to people who don't deserve it

Not every strike is equal, correct... which is why there is 5 varying degrees to a strike in the formula.

the significance of control positions is already determined in the formula so the judges dont get to change that. you are right in how the judges having to distinguish between significant strike and a very significant strike, but the judge will at least be consistent on both sides (unless hes compromised) thus the same subjective error will be applied to both fighters.

rewatch the dj-cejudo fight and try to accurately assess and score all that in real time.

if you're implying that its impossible to calcualte all this that fast....
fight metric records all the variables that I mentioned and have the stats updated in real time. They just need to plug in the stats at the end of each round to the formula.
You dont even need to actually do the math, just program the math into a computer and itll do it for you.

omg......torture......

I mean, a mathematical formula would be ideal, as in, imagine in the future we can create a program that can really accurately score a fight? but we will probably have to wait decades for that

if you're implying that its impossible to calcualte all this that fast....
fight metric records all the variables that I mentioned and have the stats updated in real time. They just need to plug in the stats at the end of each round to the formula.
You dont even need to actually do the math, just program the math into a computer and itll do it for you.
you're telling me there are computers that can do math???? whoa..

I mean, a mathematical formula would be ideal, as in, imagine in the future we can create a program that can really accurately score a fight? but we will probably have to wait decades for that
you'll wait forever for that. until technology can measure pain and bodily harm....

its not that complex.

I could do that shit right now if someone paid me.

Back